maybe a cafe build.....

ill look into that.. it looks exactly like the crap in my inline fuel filter, its even the same color. :umm:

I'll agree with the color likeness but your fuel never passes through the inlet side of the carb!! fuel is sucked from the center of the carb when the needle is pulled up out of the main jet.

if this was a two stroke you could get a mist out of your carb like that. or maybe a bad valve seat could cause a reverse flow but you didn't mention a runability problem that severe!

so your thinking the air filters are old and rotten? makes sense, they are 30+ years old. haha

tore into it pretty good...

b044d037.jpg

Last edited:
well i flipped the bracket around and found it put in the exact position that i want. just need to get some parts and pieces for the linkage and should be good to go. also need to drill and tap the mounting holes

21e0273d.jpg

killer! im in love with those grips, where'd ya get em'???? seems like we have similar taste on racey bits for the bikes...or atleast I like to keep stealing your Idea's

btw, I got some heim joints for the shifter link off of mcmaster, they have the heim and a stud on the ball, both 1/4 28 thread, had to drill out the shifter lever to a bit over 1/4 inch but not a bad deal...they are nice pieces and pretty cheep

isigt really like the tires on the 2 bikes what are they??

first I thought hey, why drag me into this? :)
then I remembered the pics of the gravel crew bikes.
Right?

I'm not sure, but after a google I found that on some builds the use firestone vintage replica tires.

"Wherever wheels are rolling, No matter what the load, The name that's known is Firestone,
Where the rubber meets the road "

PA040030.jpg

avon is another brand frequently used.

But that's all I could find.

Sorry cafedan for the hijack!
And good luck with your carb-issue!

btw, I got some heim joints for the shifter link off of mcmaster, they have the heim and a stud on the ball, both 1/4 28 thread, had to drill out the shifter lever to a bit over 1/4 inch but not a bad deal...they are nice pieces and pretty cheep

cancelled my order for the linkage, i ended up going to grainger this morning and picking up some heim joints, now i need 10/32 threaded rod, seems hard to come by and they didnt have any. you think 10/32 is big enough? cant wait to see your set up man, i need some ideas haha where did you get your gear attachment? thats my next move.

dan, this is how mine is all setup, the shifter linkage side is still a work in progress, ill make a bettwer link later, the rod I have is from mcmaster and I didnt want to shorten it (why the front link is at an angle) it all works good though, the shifter itself is a bit short for my foot and the whole thing feels a bit woosy, but its not finished yet 10/32nd would probably be enough, but then again it might bend

what do you mean by gear atachment?

2011-05-04_13-20-32_951.jpg

the rear brake side...just for reference, thats a master from a cbr600rr, fits mint butI had to flip the lever upside down and that kinda sucks...

2011-05-04_13-20-48_990.jpg

wow ahale2772, that thing is so sick, love it man. so im getting my brackets mounted to the frame right now. i screwed up royally.... i broke off a small drill inside the hole right where i was drilling at tapping it. its gonna be painstaking to get it out. not sure if its possible. any thoughts?

looving those grips too, its a nice slap in the face of color while not being tacky. looks wood to me. i bought the same grip style in white last week off of ebay with a chrome throttle housing.

so... ive been drilling out the broken drill bit. its been about 5 hours now. i whack it with a punch a few times, then drill for a few, then whack it and drill it. i think im breaking the bit out as i go. but ive made about 1/4"/3/8" of progress. so im getting more optimistic about getting the job done. good learning experience. haha

so here is the side that i got done drilling and tapping.
e16c6e7f.jpg

2f624ca9.jpg

bit of a mess...
afcac5cb.jpg

a cool book a just acquired from an old friend
a1759b8c.jpg

what do you mean by gear atachment?

opps missed that ?, i was talking about the arm that connects to the shifter. im going to do the same as you. im cutting off the lever and drill it out. maybe grind it up a bit more and paint it. we'll see..

finished the rear sets this morning. on to the next... still need to work out some minor adjustments and a spring for the brake, since i got rid of the stock one.

215cf270.jpg

cd4ccbd5.jpg

Cafedan, I dont know if I missed it, but are those the rearset brackets you bought? or did you have new brackets made? Im really liking them and I think they may find their way onto my build.

Back