maybe a cafe build.....

good to see you got them all mounted up! breaking off drillbits sucks!!!, usually I punch them out, but there is nevr a specific way to do it.

nasty little surprise when you figure out that the shifter rod arm thing isnt a hollow tube... at least mine was a tube with a 1/4 inch solid rud inside, more time to get it finalized later, how does the rear brake feel? Is the pedal pressure/ pedal throw the same?

good to see you got them all mounted up! breaking off drillbits sucks!!!, usually I punch them out, but there is nevr a specific way to do it.

nasty little surprise when you figure out that the shifter rod arm thing isnt a hollow tube... at least mine was a tube with a 1/4 inch solid rud inside, more time to get it finalized later, how does the rear brake feel? Is the pedal pressure/ pedal throw the same?

yeah i was pretty bummed out to see it hollow too haha spot on with that, i had all sorts of plans for it. brake doesnt feel bad, i need to figure out a spring though, i thought the internal springs in the drum brake would be enough to put back to normal, but its not. i never did get all the bit out, but with a bottoming tap i was able to get about 4-5 threads made. it feels really strong. i should never have used such a small bit for the pilot hole, lesson learned:banghead::banghead:

ok..... so the rearsets are on and pretty going to be finished up later. i got my tank back haha that sux, it took all the paint off. i figured it probably would. the radiator shop called me back after i dropped it off and said it would take a week or two of soaking because of the liner over the rust. inside looks great now, they recoated it as well. here are some pics. im just waiting for my tail to show up....
oh, is there a way to have videos play inside the thread without going to a new page? i was thinking of doing video updates instead of pics. here is a link to a video i made i just cant get it to play in the thread.

and the pics.
d84f950d.jpg

f35f8010.jpg

9931c0a4.jpg

looking good!
any plans for the paint?

i tried to post the video using html-tags, but it wouldn't work. Guess you did that aswell.
the easiest is to upload it on youtube and use that button when you post. :)

Looking at the photo's, it's coming along real nice. With your rear-sets though, what are you going to do about the kick-starter? From the look of it you may as well take it off.

Looking at the photo's, it's coming along real nice. With your rear-sets though, what are you going to do about the kick-starter? From the look of it you may as well take it off.

thanks! yeah ive been giving that some thought actually. im either going to switch to folding pegs or bend the kick start to miss. probably do the folding. i should have my seat tomorrow, so im going to work on that and the wiring for now, get her blood pumping again... :D

Looking good Dan...I've got a feeling this will the inspiration for many other cafe builds on here when it's finished :thumbsup:

ok... i just cut a bit off and lined it up better. i think haha i used white out on the bottom line of the tank so i could see it better to line it up with the seat.

8c417722.jpg

360b182b.jpg

made some progress today. cut off all the unused stuff and welded some brackets for my seat. first time welding today.

2717d406.jpg

6b6b3475.jpg

21a79fc1.jpg

thanks man. its very adjustable in height, i used fender washers as spacers to get it where i wanted it.

got the wiring sorted out now, just need to get a key switch, tail light and bucket mounts and ill be able to finish the wiring, oh and the brake master.
here is a side ways video

Last edited:
you can use the edit facility in photobucket to turn the video around.

Always a great feeling when it fires! :thumbsup:

Back