maybe a cafe build.....

Wow, that is really coming along well! I just got done reading everything front to back and am very impressed. I have had my bike (1982 xs400 maxim 5000 miles) for a little over a year and I am always looking for ideas and, after reading this, I have plenty of them. Thanks Cafedan and keep up the good work.

thank you sir. couldnt do it without all the help from the forum. great group of people.

well yall... ive been pretty busy as of late. i built a back section to hold the battery that failed miserably. so now after testing a few ideas, this is what ive come up with so far. its a work in progress that is slowly molding and changing into what i want. i was able to fab up the rear battery placement this morning before work so i was able to drive her to work today. im running it with pods and headers only. will this ruin anything until i get the 2-1 i want?
29db6306.jpg

in this one, i got the tail light all dialed in and working. this is funny as shit, i have the back brake working right now, but not hooked up to a brake light but, i do have the light wired on the front brake but dont have the caliper on yet. between the two i made it work today.
8c29e088.jpg

anyway, im getting closer and closer. still tons of work to do. oh i was was wondering if anyone has taken a molded seat and with fiberglass change it just a bit? if that makes sense. i want to make the front of the seat a bit narrower, it looks about 1 1/2 inches to wide. ill have to get a picture of that later.

8c29e088.jpg

6d44fd78.jpg

battery looks massive, you don't need an engine just enter the TTZero race and use electric power :D

seriously looking dapper mate :thumbsup:

Back