For Sale - Mikes XS carbs

HA! I bought the same ones. What a pile of shit they are. I've been toying with them for months and still haven't gotten it to run right. That guy is an ass

Mike isn't exactly the most helpful. Plus he's got that fine print "No carb parts can be returned under any circumstances"

Maybe you guys should read the part where it says, "Stock air filter box must be removed.**** Note, this is intended for dealers or technicians, instructions are not provided."

You guys dont know what youre doing and have no idea on how to tune carbs... They are optimized for our bikes, but still need to be tuned.

Maybe you guys should read the part where it says, "Stock air filter box must be removed.**** Note, this is intended for dealers or technicians, instructions are not provided."

You guys dont know what youre doing and have no idea on how to tune carbs... They are optimized for our bikes, but still need to be tuned.
Not sure what your referencing. Installing these carbs wasn't much of a problem at all.

Hey guys. I'm just wondering if someone could explain to me why Mike's carbs are "utter crap?" Because NewHavenMike and Jester401 says they're okay but others say it's bad. I'm under the impression that they just need tuning? Because I can't really get anything from people just saying they're crap. I'm trying to get a pair and so if it's bad I'd like to know how so. Thanks guys.

Hey guys. I'm just wondering if someone could explain to me why Mike's carbs are "utter crap?" Because NewHavenMike and Jester401 says they're okay but others say it's bad. I'm under the impression that they just need tuning? Because I can't really get anything from people just saying they're crap. I'm trying to get a pair and so if it's bad I'd like to know how so. Thanks guys.

I got real nervous, I bought the mikes xs carbs before doing as much research as I could. I was being lazy and looking for an alternative to sticking with the stock carbs. The 650 guys seem to have had better luck after looking through their forum. However, I have to say, I ended up taking a swing for the fences and tried them out anyway (no one wanted to buy them lol). I live in New England and really only ride during the summer months. My bike is pretty much stock and only gets the Sunday driver treatment. I don’t really have much of a say in terms of performance on the track or anything. In my opinion, there seems to be only a few people on this site that have taken the time to sit and work with these carbs to get them right. If that’s not what your looking for, the best thing you can do is clean clean clean and then one more time clean your stock carbs, get rid of vacuum and exhaust leaks and you shouldn’t have to get new carbs.

I got real nervous, I bought the mikes xs carbs before doing as much research as I could. I was being lazy and looking for an alternative to sticking with the stock carbs. The 650 guys seem to have had better luck after looking through their forum. However, I have to say, I ended up taking a swing for the fences and tried them out anyway (no one wanted to buy them lol). I live in New England and really only ride during the summer months. My bike is pretty much stock and only gets the Sunday driver treatment. I don’t really have much of a say in terms of performance on the track or anything. In my opinion, there seems to be only a few people on this site that have taken the time to sit and work with these carbs to get them right. If that’s not what your looking for, the best thing you can do is clean clean clean and then one more time clean your stock carbs, get rid of vacuum and exhaust leaks and you shouldn’t have to get new carbs.
I'm really doing my research as I've gotten 2 sets of Mikunis now; one is leaking gas where the carbs link (I can't seperate them because the bolts are stripped,) and the other (I got from ebay) the fuel mixture screws were drilled out. So I'm really desperate. So what did you change about them to get them to run? How does it idle and how are your plugs? Thanks, man.

Back