1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS400.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want an XS400.com t-shirt? Go to the store to order. Limited sizes and quantities available.
    Dismiss Notice

Sold / Found / Inactive - mikesxs front master cylinder

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by xschris, Aug 22, 2018.

1. xschris

xschris a lifestyle not a trend Top Contributor

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  2. Gra900

Gra900 XS400 Enthusiast

Hi Chris, I just fitted a master cylinder off an 2015 XBR 125, thinking it’s a single disc setup so should give good feel. It’s an 11mm piston. I’ve filled it up and bled about half a can of fluid through. No sign of bubbles at the bleed nipple. The calliper has been shop refurbished. However the lever still pulls back to the bars. Got a quality braided hose too.
    Any ideas? I’m thinking either I need a bigger piston or I’ve still got air in the system.
    Graham

3. xschris

11mm is a small bore. Not sure about that type master. Any adjustment on the lever?

4. xschris

The listing for the master cylinder is up for sale with new price. Needs to go!!

5. This should work on a 650 correct? If that's the case than I'll take it

6. xschris

Yes. Read the mikesxs description for full details. These work well with flat style bars. The 80-82 sohc xs400 and 80-84 xs650 "buck-horn" type bars have too much of a tilt and make adding fluid hard and messy. I took these out from storage and noticed that some of the leftover fluid pealed some of the paint off of it. It's just a cosmetic thing and it should still work fine.
    DSC03755.JPG

7. My bars are absolutely flat. So I'm still in.

8. xschris

9. xschris

Sold. Thank you.