MikesXS muffler help

kevingkruse

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Hello all. I just purchased a set of mufflers from MikesXS, they are the Universal Megaphone Mufflers 19.7", part# 07-0061. So I'm lookin at it and I'm a little confused on how it connects to the frame, that chrome hanger peice doesn't have a hole in it to connect it to the frame, its just bolted to the muffler. Do I have to drill a hole myself? Maybe I'm just retarded or somethin... does anyone have any info that could help me out? Thanks.

I was looking into that (youtube & stuff) and coudn't find anything. The only thing I could figure was to drill a hole. Maybe would have contacted MikesXS if I got those. Hope they work out for you.

It was simple, I just slipped them on my pipes, aligned the mounting bar, marked where the hole should be, and drilled it. It looks kinda funny with the mount sticking up a little but at least its nice and chrome.

I also wanted to ask if anyone thinks I should rejet with these new mufflers, they seem more open, as I can see straight through them. I had stock ones with broken baffles rattling around before.

you can always cut the mounting bar!

as for a rjet, only a blast aroung a few blocks will tell you what you need to know!

Not sure if anyone’s still on this thread but how do these universal muffler sound on an xs400?

Back