Mikuni BS34 Carb rebuild tutorial

Recreateme

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
This is just a link that i found (rather easily) that i thought would help out a bunch of people on this site in terms of Carb cleaning, rebuilds, repairs, and general understanding of what the carbs do and how they do it.

It shows a Suzuki bike, but the carbs are the same as on theXS400, these are Mikuni BS34's and thus this all applies to us!

Enjoy

http://www.mtsac.edu/~cliff/storage/gs/Mikuni_BS-CV_Carburetor_Rebuild_Tutorial.pdf

PS- it took me a while to load this, so be patient!

Hi guys,

First post here. Been reading up on these forums a lot lately as I picked up an 81 XS400 Special from my dad's friend a few days. Have it torn down quite a bit. Picked it up as a non runner, the air filters were fuel of gas, so I would think that the carbs need a rebuild.

Read through that PDF that you posted. The guy said he got his o-rings from Clicky click. Now, the site offers a complete kit for the quad carbs from a Suzuki GS. He has the option to buy a half kit for the twins, but says: "Partial CV kit for twins (no fuel or vent O-rings included)". Are those fuel or vent o-rings necessary for the twin BS34s?

I was thinking of just picking up the full kit to be safe, but, if it's not necessary, I'll save the money as it could be spent elsewhere. :)

Back