Mine - baby 400 !

ivor

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Hi there, made a few posts, but don't think I actually introduced myself. I live in the UK, been riding since I was 16, just coming up to 49 now! Had around 40 or so bikes, currently a '39 Triumph 600, a '35 Triumph 250, a Kwak GPX250 with a very sick engine, and of course an XS.
I titled this thread 'Baby' 400 as mine's a 250, I'd like to rebuild or replace the motor as a 400 if funds allow. The 250 was very popular here in the Uk in the late '70's with learners, just before they restricted the limit to 125. Several of my friends had them, my mate Richard got one from new,(Black, slab tank model), and I always loved the big bike look of it, (well, we had just moved up from mopeds:laugh:).
I had a 250 custom briefly in the early eighties, but hadn't ridden an XS since. Last spring, a mate of mine who has a serious illness, decided he wouldn't be able to use his daily hack any more. So, now I have this silver '79, which I quite like, but could do with a bit more oomph!
Sorry, going to have to read the rules on picture posting, watch this space .......

Here it is .....
P6060026.jpg

Back