Mircles realy do happen I got my xs400 running again, WHOOHOO!

Scorpio1963

XS400 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Hello again xs400 members.You longtime members remember the story on my bike having electrical issues after trying to wake it up from its winter nap 2 winters ago.For those who are new heres the story.I could get nothing to happen when I turned on the key and pushed the estart,tryed kicking it over.I spent countless hours replacing components and digging through the the complete wiring system.I struggled with all spring into summer to no avail nothing I tried would get this bike to even think about turning it over so it would start.So I parked in the shed as a lost cause hoping maybe someday I could find somebody to help.So I went into hiatus temporaly leaving the site and moving on to other things like my was at the time a 4 year Jimmy project now going onto 5 years.
So recently I started looking to vintage motorcycle mechanics who know how to fix wiring issues cause my skills are weak in this area.So today I pulled it out of the shed to have a guy look at it.He specializes in wiring mortorcyles.Before he even got to my place I hooked up and charged the battery and tried to see if anything would happen.
Well low and behold the darn thing started cranking over,I was in shock.So off to go get some gas and a can either,I then partialy fill up the tank and after cranking it over a bit varoom! Im at this point in shock and awe ,estaticaly so freeking happy I cant believe it.So there you have it folks for whatever reason it wasn't part of last years plan for me to ride but now the bike is running again and I have a few minor bugs to work out but believe in miracles cause they do happen my bike and me are living proof.:D:thumbsup:

Back