Most extreamly simplified wiring

nickklugs

Seems legit
Reaction score
I have the wiring loom for my xs360 and I took it out not labeling anything, but I think I could make it work. Anyways (this has probably been answered before), I was wondering what is the most simple basic wiring that could be done just to make it run? No lights or this or that, just to make it run. :bike:

Thanks,
Nick

You're definitely right about it being asked before. It's been talked about and questions answered but I'm not sure if anyone ever posted a wiring diagram once they figured it out.
I might photoshop out the uneccessary bits from the stock wiring diagram some day. Too busy this week.
Really is easiest to work backwards from the stock diagram than from scratch.

One thing to keep in mind is that you'll need a different type of regulator if you do the pma mod. Wire lengths might be slightly different as I believe the replacement is a combined regulator & rectifier.

Check out drewpy's rewire thread. It'll come up in the search tool searching for "drewpy's rewire.

Okay, well I am probably not going to the pma mod, I have other issues to worry about before then like getting it to run first. But I guess I'll check out Drewpy's stuff and/or just mentally photoshop out the unnecessary bits.

Thanks,
Nick

Basic wiring diagram that I plan to use on mine. It would be easy enough to remove the lighting parts you do not want.

wiring%20Diagram.jpg

Is there a link or picture of what the starter relay you used? And what is the function of the relay..... I'm a straight newby.

Okay that makes things easier. :) And I guess the wiring that my bike has was hacked by the recent owner because it has one fuse that was burnt out and a copper wire was soldered on to bypass the fuse. So now I am wondering if anything is fried......... Anyways, as always, thanks for the info.

Nick

His diagram is not complete and has many errors, so I wouldn't go off that. You need to take a printout of the standard xs360 wiring diagram and a bottle of whiteout, and backwards plan on how you want your new wiring to go. All of the answers to the questions you have been asking are on this site or elsewhere on the web. Not trying to be a d-bag but just based on the questions asked, and not doing research, you are going to fail on the wiring and have more of a mess than you began with. There is absolutely nothing wrong with DIY and learning how to do this stuff, but you need to crawl then walk before you run.

Just my 2¢ and I wish you success.

:thumbsup: Okay I accept that. I try to find all the answers to my questions but I am just to lazy to do the proper research so in the end your right, I'll probably biff it all up. But on the other hand I have learned a lot of stuff and I got my 360 for $40 so If I really screw it up it wont be that bad... I guess. :shrug: From the last posting I have actually studied the stock diagram and I get it and I understand most stuff.

Thanks for answering all my questions,

:heart::heart::heart: Nick :heart::heart::heart:

His diagram is not complete and has many errors, so I wouldn't go off that. You need to take a printout of the standard xs360 wiring diagram and a bottle of whiteout, and backwards plan on how you want your new wiring to go. All of the answers to the questions you have been asking are on this site or elsewhere on the web. Not trying to be a d-bag but just based on the questions asked, and not doing research, you are going to fail on the wiring and have more of a mess than you began with. There is absolutely nothing wrong with DIY and learning how to do this stuff, but you need to crawl then walk before you run.

Just my 2¢ and I wish you success.

I did ask for some input on my thread, and it was ignored! :doh:

I thought it looked mostly all right. The rectifier isn't grounded. Something looks kind of funny with the ignition switch and power relay.
Would have to go through it step by step, wire by wire, comparing it to the stock relay, to tell exactly what needs to be fixed.
Won't be tonight.

I thought it looked mostly all right. The rectifier isn't grounded. Something looks kind of funny with the ignition switch and power relay.
Would have to go through it step by step, wire by wire, comparing it to the stock relay, to tell exactly what needs to be fixed.
Won't be tonight.

A friend sent me a set of wiring diagrams for a fresh build in different configurations. I will post them tonight. Looks similar to mine with a couple changes.

Thanks,

Back