motorcycling in Australia

Lupe

none
Reaction score
Anybody here from Australia? I know there are some ;-)

I heard a piece of a report on the radio that they plan really hard laws against members of any motorcycle clubs in Australia (Queensland). Unfortunately I missed the beginning of the report. For example they said members of motorcycle clubs will get 15 years in prison extra. And they plan to build a special prison for MC members. Prisoners will have to wear pink clothes there (no joke!), no television, no sports etc. And they want to forbid groups of more than 3 motorcycle drivers.

Can you tell something about this? The story sounded like from another century.
Thanks

Im from here and never heard about that yet, but I would suspect they are talking in regards to known criminal bikers engaging in organised criminal/violent/anti-social behaviour, not your average joe on a bike. Theres no way they could possibly prevent groups of sports bikes to only 3 per pack, they wouldn't be able catch them all :laugh: Im in Victoria and there is a HUGE (non criminal) bike culture here, theres no way, or valid reason, they could ask them to only ride in packs of three. And how would you know whos together? In a bikie gang they all wearing the club logo so then you could see who's who I guess.

Last edited:
I only ride by myself because none of my friends ride anymore:( So I guess I would be good:laugh:

It is a big political stunt to make it look like they are dealing with crime.

The Finks just patched over to the Mongols because of this (or so I am lead to believe).

There was an incident where cops had to break up a fight on the goldcoast and an MC surrounded the police station in retaliation. There was a sound clip of some cop calling for reinforcements "send everybody" like Gary Oldman in the Professional but more panicky.

More recently some guy wearing a Sons of Anarchy tshirt got detained for a while until the cops confirmed it was just a tv show.

Apparently there is a request for AR15s to be issued as glocks aren't enough.

Posted via Mobile

There are a lot more social riders than OMCs.
That's why they are called 1%ers ;-)

we got similar problems with them here. But the police has a different strategy. If you can call it a strategy...

Thanks a lot for the links. Seems the story on the radio is true.

The current state government in QLD is nuts, everybody around Aus is WTFing at some of the stuff they are trying to bring in.

Wearing patches is the easiest way to identify OMC, and banning it is a stupid thing as it increases anonymity.

The current state government in QLD is nuts, everybody around Aus is WTFing at some of the stuff they are trying to bring in ...
Maybe OMC members need to make an exception and at least obey the law on election days - elect a few libertarians and anarchists to stir the comfortably simmering soup? :wink2:

Back