My 1977 xs360 Build, may take a while, but its a start..

leaning towards matching carb paint to at least the top end color, but probably pointless if you clean them in an ultrasonic cleaner, think it would just eat the paint...

if not going to paint the tank you should look for new graphics, i think i have seen a few sites which have older styled graphics.

leaning towards matching carb paint to at least the top end color, but probably pointless if you clean them in an ultrasonic cleaner, think it would just eat the paint...

if not going to paint the tank you should look for new graphics, i think i have seen a few sites which have older styled graphics.

Thanks for the reply, on the carbs they have already been sonic cleaned so would just have to take them apart and tape them off again to paint. Think I am going to stay with the tank for right now as is, probably later on I will paint it anyways.

Hey Norman, just a tip, but the mounting plate for the stator bracket doesn't really even need the central part around the crank shaft. You can just have the whole middle open, just one big hole, as the mounting spots are near the outer edge. The reason I did mine the way I did was because it was more convenient given my tools. Also, I would include the screw holes in the dxf file if you are confident enough with your measuring, might save you some work. Sorry for not replying earlier.

Thanks for getting back with me allanrps. I kind of dig the 3 open parts as it gives it more of an aesthetic look to the piece.

I have yet to get the part from my friend. Apparently his money making work projects trumps the freebie friend's projects... Once I get the part from him I can do some final measurements I can add the stator holder holes in the dxf.

Got a few small things done. The front wheel is broken down ready for powder coating. Just waiting on some spokes in the mail. Also got new tapered neck bearings. Got the races in the neck. Tonight I was able to powder coat the lower triple flat black and of course still waiting on my friend for the upper triple.

Here is a picture of it right now. Just got a matching side cover of eBay today.

Figured out how to keep the gas lid closed. Got some stainless steel rod from the scrap yard and turned it down and tapped the bottom for a bolt. Then was able to drill a small hole up top for the clip. In the end I will put a cable on the clip so I won't lose it. Also made a small space to fit under the clip as not to keep scraping on the chrome.

Don't mind the rust in the tank. That little project is coming up shorty.

I was able finish up mount the front end as I finally got the top triple from my friend. He welded up 2 holes from someone attempting to put dirt bars on the gsxr. I was able make the spacer and top washer in one piece on the lathe. Now just need to make steering stops and a filler piece where the gsxr stock key hole was.

Got the PMA swap finally done. Also got my R/R in from ebay yesterday. Almost to the part of playing with wiring (oh fun).

Here is just the bracket

And with it mounted on the bike.
Sorry for the crappy low light cell phone picture on this one

Got some spokes and spoke nuts powder coated white. Now just need to do the rest of the hub and rim in gloss black.

Also got some more work done on the upper triple. The key hole and mount is made, just need to clean it up some. Need to smooth the upper out and and drill holes for the handle bar mounts.

Back