My 1977 xs360 Build, may take a while, but its a start..

This is coming along very nice!

Thank you very much.

Nothing too exciting over the holiday week, but was able to work on some of the wiring. I am replacing all the stock plastic connectors with sealed ones. I am still waiting on a few more to come in the mail. I am soldering all the connectors for secure connections. Here are a few pictures of the progress.

Well got a little more bit done on the wheels. Got the rear hub all done with no issues on the rubber cush drive. Here are a couple of pictures.

Got a few more things finished up. The wheels are put together, just need to be trued and got my speedo spot figured out and headlight bracket mounted.

Damn, that's looking good!

I know you were thinking of keeping the stock paint job, and I think that would be great, but something black and white to match the wheels could look pretty awesome too.

It'd look really striking if the brick red on the gas tank and sidecovers could be redone in black but keeping the stock decals.

I like your styling and also your creative solutions. We think along the same lines maybe. It appears you're going off center with the headlight? It would compliment the speedo, which is a neat placement on the triple. Also looking at that speedo it makes me think it would be cool to have a transparent face with printed numbers on the circumference and simple outline boxes for the odometers.

Regardless it looks like you're having a good time building!

Thanks for the responses. For now I am going to go ahead and leave the paint scheme as is. But subject to change as I ride it or get the itch to change something.

Mototrooper:
I agree on the speedo, right now there is a clear plastic cover on there right now that I cut out. I have been going back and forth on what to do with the face plate. I do like your idea. But the headlight is actually centered between the forks, the camera angle just makes it look like that.

Thanks again everyone, having a blast with this bike, can't wait until it is on the road.

7y4urJB.jpg

Here's a clear-face design I found on reddit. Looks pretty cool but I can't tell if there's demarcations on the tach or not.

I like the creativity for sure on that speedo cover. Thinking I am going to have the numbers cut out of vinyl. But time will tell LOL

Well not much going on with the bike but spent time on the Speedo. Just need to put a glass face on it to seal it up.

Thank you all for the comments.

It will be backlit, not sure if I am going to leave the stock 2 bulbs in there or put some small leds along the sides, or combo of both. Also going to paint the needle a orange to make it easier to see.

Back