My 2 steps forward 1 step back bike build

Looks good I did the bomb can also and like the looks. I didnt go as far as you did with plastic and stuff just painted on the side of the house......some of the bomb can clear they have now is great stuff. Was that spraymax a 2 part ? The one I used was and worked very well.

Looks good I did the bomb can also and like the looks. I didnt go as far as you did with plastic and stuff just painted on the side of the house......some of the bomb can clear they have now is great stuff. Was that spraymax a 2 part ? The one I used was and worked very well.

I have kinda tight quarters in the garage and didn't want to get over spray on everything, the base is a silver metallic and there was metallic flake EVERYWHERE after spraying that so I'm glad I did plastic up. I wanted to cut back on dust too but still got a couple nibs in the clear. Yea the spraymax is a 2 part, little button activator on the bottom. It's my first time really painting anything and I didn't expect it to come out so well but that stuff is amazing.

I have kinda tight quarters in the garage and didn't want to get over spray on everything, the base is a silver metallic and there was metallic flake EVERYWHERE after spraying that so I'm glad I did plastic up. I wanted to cut back on dust too but still got a couple nibs in the clear. Yea the spraymax is a 2 part, little button activator on the bottom. It's my first time really painting anything and I didn't expect it to come out so well but that stuff is amazing.

Yep same stuff I used on mine and loved it.......will use it again if I go the paint myself rout again.......I know a few painters and would rather pay them to do it next time :laugh2: I enjoyed ut but there were times I was swearing at it.........

Tried something a little different on the gas cap, I dig it
20180813_225948.jpg

Synced my carbs but may redo it, was fine at idle but when I revved it, I found out why people use glass bottles lol This is warmed up off choke. Does idle speed sound ok? I have a digital tach and have to figure out the rpm lead it kinda bounces around

Synced my carbs but may redo it, was fine at idle but when I revved it, I found out why people use glass bottles lol This is warmed up off choke. Does idle speed sound ok? I have a digital tach and have to figure out the rpm lead it kinda bounces around

Sounds like you’re good on pilot and not on main.

Yes pooping ain’t good but short pipes aren’t good for the exhaust wave that travels back to the port

Pooping..........isnt good at all :D

I need to pull my carbs off now and see where I am at.......I upped both jets but still has a litttle pop to it with the MAC exhaust on it......and yes rich isnt so bad really......it beats a burnt piston.......

Wow I was thinking 145s were pushing it..
I was going to adjust the needle but when I took it apart I couldn't see how that was even possible.

You need a weird set of needle nose to get in there......I tried and it was a bitch.

You use a split ring plier to remove the circlip that holds the needle assembly. You then remove the needle, take the clip and move it down one notch on the needle.

Your short pipes may be drawing exhaust gases back into the cylinder.

You use a split ring plier to remove the circlip that holds the needle assembly. You then remove the needle, take the clip and move it down one notch on the needle.

Your short pipes may be drawing exhaust gases back into the cylinder.

I had it all apart, there was no circlip, there were 2 screws holding it all together and looked like only 1 notch that a c clip already occupied. Stole this pic but this is exactly what it was
s-l300.jpg

Popping can also be extra gas combusting in the exhaust. There also may be an air leak. If you cut off the mufflers off an 80-82 set of pipes there is a vent hole at the top next to the pipe that can pull air into the system. You need to ride the bike and do plug chops to see with your jetting needs are. Your jetting is very rich as you now have it.

Back