1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS400.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want an XS400.com t-shirt? Go to the store to order. Limited sizes and quantities available.
    Dismiss Notice

My 79 xs400 build

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bennett834725, Dec 22, 2013.

1. bcware

bcware Well-read Top Contributor

Very nice. I will keep that in mind when mine craps the bed one day!

2. it cost me roughly 15 bucks to make mine and while i was there at radio shack i bought a project box to shove it all in

3. 16VGTIDave

16VGTIDave XS400 Guru Top Contributor

Did you put heat sink compound between the rectifiers and the mounting plate?

4. are you talking about thermal paste

5. 16VGTIDave

16VGTIDave XS400 Guru Top Contributor

Yes. Sounds like you did. Just checking... ;)

6. so i installed the new home made rectifier and the 1970 dodge regulator (vr733) and it is back to running strong and puts out a nice 13.97 volts at a idle and 14.76 at a nice rev:smoke:

7. bcware

Good job. These sorts of solutions are very useful. Most people don't know that it is possible to use a home made or different reg/rect.

8. :bike:right and the newest update is i got it all wired up and took it for a ride today, rode 10 miles on it and it does amazing only had one issue with the license plate lights dying but easy fix:bike:

9. Spad

Spad XS400 Addict

Way to go....Just a flashlight on the place when he cops arefolowing you. Sounds like you are winner..

10. I have a led strip for it to light back up again lol will finish it tomorow

Posted via Mobile

11. got my helmet camera mounted up today :D

Attached Files:

12. took the bike out today for a nice 2 hour ride and got some nice shots of it

Attached Files:

13. bcware

How was the weather?

14. Scorpio1963

Scorpio1963 XS400 Guru Top Contributor

Bennet your bike has an awesome sound :thumbsup:

15. was nice and sunny then got a bit cloudy but no rain, also i used a filter on my camera lol

16. xschris

xschris a lifestyle not a trend Top Contributor

17. levdir

levdir Rounded bolt brigade

Great photos. Any chance of grabbing a higher-rez version to use as a desktop? I'd put mine there but it's not nearly so nice looking, and also in pieces.

18. yea maybe later on today if i get a chance to take it out