My build so far...

BamaBill

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
It's come along way from when I got it in October. It was wrecked on the frontend back in the 80's and has sat garaged ever since. I've redone the frontend, replaced quite a few parts. I've really not had any certain direction that I've wanted to go with it till now. I want to keep the frame as much stock as possible. My plans are to add a peanut tank (I already have it.) Keep the rear fender stock except for the tail light, but make a king queen 70's style seat and probably go with narrow mini apes about 10"s tall. The bars on it now or Biltwell Keystones, they are just not doing it for me. I will probably have them for sale soon.....I'm going to take a little break from working on this bike till later in the year. Right now she runs great and is a very fun machine. I've got to save a bit of $$$ to go toward my road trip on the VTX to NorthDakota this summer.:thumbsup:

Attachments

• XS1.jpg
    XS1.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 388
  • XS2.jpg
    XS2.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 362
Got the tank sealed with Red Kote, mounts are built. Been working on the seat pan this week. This is my first time to mess with sheetmetal. I think it's coming out ok. Will start cutting the padding tonight.
Tombo, I'm going to hold on to my stock parts for now. My goal with this bike is to keep the frame intact for awhile in case I get frustrated and put it back stock. But I guess my build is leaning towards a brat style.

Attachments

• seatwork.jpg
    seatwork.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 345
Yep, seat will definetly be reshaped and more padding added. Paint is not really what I want, but I just wanted something done just to ride for this season till I can figure out what I really want on the paint..... I'm done with it for now. It rides great and hope to get some track time at Barber's Motorsports Park soon!

Attachments

• xs101.jpg
    xs101.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 313
  • xs102.jpg
    xs102.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 344
  • xs103.jpg
    xs103.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 312
  • xs104.jpg
    xs104.jpg