My (in progress) Tracker build.

nicknovice

XS400 Member
Reaction score
I few years ago I built this as a cafe. Clip ons, custom rearsets, fender mods, etc. It looked pretty cool! But I got back to my roots (2 strokes) and race bikes. So my last remaining 4 stroke needed to some attention. I decided to build a Tracker. It's not yet completed. I'm fabbing a headlight in a numberplate, sort the carbs, polish, and paint. I took it as is to the local vintage night and got a lot of comments on it. Just sitting on it feels bad ass. 34.5" bars are the bees knees.
full

very nice so far, getting a bit fustrated with mine as I am waiting for some fab work to come in. been promised next week!

keep those pictures comming

Looking good! What kind of shocks are those? Eye to Eye length? Thanks in advance.

13.5" eye to eye.

I used an SE stanchion which is about an 1" longer. i wanted to raise the bike and it does transform the look especially if I put it along side the standard 400.

the seat is 2" lower than standard so I'm about 30" - 31" off ground

Not sure if you have another build thread somewhere that goes into the details, but what about the seat and exhaust?

Yep! http://www.hotwingglass.com/ I've bought two seats from them and have been quite pleased. Those coned megs are just Emgo. I should have put more work into that seat. That gap in the front looks a bit crap. Of course it would have been nice if the bottom line of the tank and seat matched.

looks good,how about an orange strip down the tank ala gulf racing colours ?

still not managed to start my build yet need to earn some brownie points with the other half and my main bike (rsv mille ) has had probs so time is short

good to see a tracker with the xs square tank ., looks better than i thought and its the same tank i have so i feel better about using it now

Did you have to cut the "hoop" off the frame to get that seat to work? I mean the upside-down U-shaped bar that connects the frame right behind the shock mounting tabs.

Only thing I had to remove were the tabs to hang the stock seat. Though I did fab another bracket to mount it.

That's the second time someone suggested the Gulf racing colors.

Back