My letter to the Better Business Bureau

Not a problem, a legit question since prob not in profile. Not offended, may I ask: too patient and sissy? Surprised you read all of that!! Thanks

05/06/2012 WEB BBB RECEIVE BUSINESS RESPONSE : Hi this costumer droped off his motorcycle for tire change and tune up. I changed tires and tuned it up on monday and he picked it up wensday and everything was fine. then he calls me sunday afternoon and said the tire is flat.I dont know if he ran something over on the way home or what happened.I have been in the motorcyle industry for 26 years and owned this buiness for 19 years and have changed thousands of tires with no complaints.

I've met a dingleberry or two over the years either buying or getting a vehicle fixed. My biggest problem is buying vehicles with no papers or readable vin. I get too excited and blinded by the beauty of a classis car or bike I can actually afford and forget to look. No papers? no big deal, just give me the damn thing! I'm sort of old, and way back in the day I could buy them and get them registered. I bought this chopper years back. Might have been the same guy you ran into's brother. he was all nice until I would not buy his bogus title for 40 dollars and with the instructions to stamp my own numbers on it. Then he was a real prick. I didn't expect it. I hung around a few minutes and talked bikes with him, all of a sudden he said " you ain't gone yet?" I then left and to this day will not go to his shop even though he is a good mechanic.

Last edited:
lol... its just funny cause i allways get screwed over at mechinics... last year i had a yamaha dealer tell me that ' no really your bike doesnt had disc brakes' whf!!! just cause im a 'girl'... hope you letter makes the right point!!

lol... its just funny cause i allways get screwed over at mechinics... last year i had a yamaha dealer tell me that ' no really your bike doesnt had disc brakes' whf!!! just cause im a 'girl'... hope you letter makes the right point!!

Hey duckling, that is pretty remarkable & good to hear of a girl knowing her bike intimately. I think first thing after having my bike worked on, I mentioned that if you want something done on your bike and done right make sure to do it yourself. Maybe the mechanic himself barely knew what disc brakes are; they are a mixed bag and too many with their lousy trickery, deceit and sleight of hand. It's a no-win since the dealer is usually a rip off. But then again do I want a home shop mechanic messing with my life? And in your case the dealer was the louse, and a rip off.
The extra work / wasted time of taking both wheels off was a good thing (same with getting carbs taken apart). I wanted it put back together by ME; I didn't trust the bike after it was in someone elses care (or lack thereof). The rear hub-stay - called the tension bar - where the nut is on the inside. . .. there was no cotter pin. And who's going to notice that, why bother? :mad: I probably wouldn't have noticed.

But on the positive side for girls. . .
. . .somehow girls can also save money getting out of speeding tickets, hmmmmm :wink2:
Thanks for the encouragement! :)

Hey Dark, you should really just let it go man and chalk it down to experience...just dont go back. If you let it consume you then your getting even more screwed than what you already are. We all get screwed at some stage, difference is how we deal with it.

very true. It does help people to see they are not the only ones that have been dealt a bad hand. I was just getting back into bikes and figured I needed a harley . Obviously my thoughts on that have changed. That 77 customized sporty was beautiful, engine ran great when it wasn't suddenly dying out on a back road with a bad battery and no kicker. I pushed that thing more than I drove it. In the end it was a beautiful looking bike and I made some cash on it when I did sell. I took the money and bought my current cage. a 68 camaro with no engine or trans. That's another long ass story of a not very nice guy. lol I put up with his bullcrap and did end up getting the car. In earlier days when 67 8 and 9 camaros were plentiful, I'd have told him to shove his car.maybe.

Hey Dark, you should really just let it go man and chalk it down to experience...just dont go back. If you let it consume you then your getting even more screwed than what you already are. We all get screwed at some stage, difference is how we deal with it.

:laugh: Agree, not so much consumed after sending that exhaustive lengthy account of the event(s). Then again, on learning it was done and would sit there for however long until I called him, that got to me a little. Sent my rebuttal response and fine again :laugh:

edit: i see. . the mad face above looks like i am very much consumed, ha

05/08/2012 AL MAIL Forward Consumer Response to Business
05/21/2012 OttO BBB No Response from Business re: Consumer Rebuttal
05/23/2012 AL BBB Bureau judged complaint to be closed UNRESOLVED
05/23/2012 Otto EMAIL Inform Consumer - Case Closed UNRESOLVED
05/23/2012 Otto BBB Inform Business - Case Closed UNRESOLVED
05/23/2012 Otto BBB Case Closed UNRESOLVED

We regret to inform you that the BBB's attempt at reaching an amicable resolution between you and Lingen Service Ctr has not successfully addressed your concerns. Because the BBB has exhausted our resources in this attempt, we will be closing the case as unresolved. While this does not take care of your issue, the BBB appreciates the time you took to inform us of your experience with this company and will include it in their file.

Your unresolved case will be reported in the company's business review for other consumers to be aware of. It will remain on their record for 36 months, our standard reporting period. We will use it to note any trends or pattern of complaint activity and, should one be noted, will forward our case notes to the proper state regulatory agencies for their review and possible enforcement.

Again, thank you for using the BBB's free complaint services and we apologize we were unable to assist in this matter.

Sincerely,

Well,at least you did get the satisfaction of having that on the record with the BBB for a 3 year period. That's not much,but maybe if some other poor soul has the same experience as you did,maybe they'll complain.That's the way it works.by repeated complaints.Too bad you had to go through that crap,and that's the reason that I have done my own work on my bikes,trucks,etc. Good luck. lha

thats the kiss you never go when you go screwed!!! 3 years on their record ... perfect . I know sometimes it would be nice o get $$$ back but it is what it is. God job, now bbreathe and get your bike running again! :)

did you just find someone to weld cast, for your kickstarter housing? mine is cracked in the exact same places and i need to find a fix.

did you just find someone to weld cast, for your kickstarter housing? mine is cracked in the exact same places and i need to find a fix.

Yea, this was the encouragement I got from Drewpy way back then

Posted 18 May 2010 - 10:45 AM

you'll have to fish that chunk out anyways, get someone to weld it back in

|I've seen this on a 250 engine i had knocking around, so your not on your own. put it down to experience you sad sweet dreamer!!

Yea, this was the encouragement I got from Drewpy way back then

Posted 18 May 2010 - 10:45 AM

you'll have to fish that chunk out anyways, get someone to weld it back in

|I've seen this on a 250 engine i had knocking around, so your not on your own. put it down to experience you sad sweet dreamer!!

did I really say that? :laugh:

well a buddy of mine had a similar experience here.....only he got into a verbal pissing match with the business owner...yada yada...long story short the guy royally screwed up a freshly powder coated rim while relacing it...then charged him full price...when he complained the guy told him to go screw himself( thats putting it politely)...he vowed never to go back....and went home and cancelled payment for services since he had paid with a credit card....so in the end the owner never got paid for the shoddy work.

In the future pay with a credit card and if something like this happens usually you have some recourse through your credit card provider.

It turned out sweeter and dreamier than I predicted since I had no intention of tearing the thing down. That was kind of a sad experience, ha :doh:

Credit card! But of course :banghead: Guess I'll put it down to experience as well. Was going to pay him by doing his little dog a favor and put it down, the poor ugliest ever old thing lives in the shop and has rolled around in oil and probably lapped at coolant and has the same temperament as the owner. It would have been the right thing to do for the dog and would've pissed him off losing his best friend. Next time credit card! Obviously not at that place with that dude.

Your not alone. We've all dealt with idiots who just don't get it.:banghead:

Remember:
" Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experence."

I had a lady park her car in the same spot as my bike. Pushed it back 6". 5 minutes after moving her car she started saying " I don't think I even touched it." She wasn't trying to be mean, she actually belived it. I could have yelled and screamed and called her names but she just didn't see what she did wrong.
Sometimes you just have to walk away and shake your head. "People are sooo stuipd!":doh:

As an aside: Bike Master is Japanese and actually pretty good quality; not the best, but quite good; especially their chains and tubes.

As an aside: Bike Master is Japanese and actually pretty good quality; not the best, but quite good; especially their chains and tubes.

I've searched some time ago to learn most products from BikeMaster - Chains and other - made in Japan. These tubes definitely made in China unless the box(es) lies.

Back