my new project/ first bike/81 xs400h

thanks guys :)

every thing came out great, tank came out better than I hoped, after some wet sanding it should look even better. Im torn on what to do about the knee dent paint. i've got some acrilic white for it that will work fine, but i dont know if I should paint it over the final coat of red and then clear it...or just leave it alone.

my truck is painted with this same red, and its rock hard and resists diesel, gas and most other stuff... I dont want to ruin the whole thing with clar that dosnt work well.

got the front and rear suspention all set and ready to go back on, just a matter of being patient and waiting for this stuff to dry hard.

cant wait!!!, I want to get her back on the road by next weekend.

any reccomendations on a tiny battery? i need something that is decently small and can cope well with vibration. i'm gona ditch the led acid and mount something new under the seat...any one ever used one of those "pack of smoke" sized batterys? (bike is kick only, led everything minus the headlight)

I think you can make up batteries yourself using nicad's the same as the R/C car peeps.

I know batteries have been used from battery powered tools, jeepz in TCU used one.

thanks for the links on the battery guys, and yeah this week is gona be a bigin :)

how many am hours would I need? ive got a 5 now but i really like the size of that smaller one

i m not opposed to making one like you said drewps, im gona look into that later tonight when ive got so0me time

just repainted the tank...for the last time!!! runs are sanded out and now I can paint the white once it drys

frame is pretty much dry but im gona play it safe and wait for it to dry hard

volcom, im gona keep you waiting on the swingarm lol, its all together waiting to go on I just dont feel like lugging the thing out at this point...does look nice though :)

Put the frame and suspention together, got sandbalsting sand in one of the swingarm berings :( not good, I cleaned it out best I could and regreased it, ill just have to replace it soon.

Other than that everything went together good :)

I threw the tank on just for reference its not 100% dry yet, its all gona look bettwe with soem contrast from the white knee dents:D

It just begs to be ridden... looks like its gona be fun

2011-05-02_12-37-46_104.jpg

2011-05-02_12-37-35_18.jpg

2011-05-02_12-37-28_627.jpg

Definenlt need to paint those rims next, the blue looks like crap

hahaha! do-boy thats awesome, shit did get real when I put the tank on, but then got lame when i took it off again.

may not be a "xs400" but it is certainly different

I really like the fact that the swingarm is streached, fits me alot better. I cant waiittt to get the sprocket, tomorrow im going to clean up the engine, try to mount up my headlight and some other odds and ends.

If your going to keep it red I would totally leave the back rim/tire the same color and paint the front one. It's looking sick you did a great job on that tank man.

white wheels would be sex. but i'm not here to tell you what to do, you seem to have that handled. updatessssss naaoo. this is my favorite build ATM

Back