my new project/ first bike/81 xs400h

It is kind of hilarious to hear about people buying bikes that don't run for cheap and the problems end up being fairly simple to solve. Mine didn't "run" either but the timing was off, the carbs were dirty, and the lack of backpressure from rust holes in the mufflers is all I have found wrong with it.

yeah i got lucky with this one, but most times i get screwed, i have a habit of falling in love with stuff when i find wrecks on craigslist for cheep

awwww mannnn..............I just fell in love with an idea, im going to go mono shock when i do the swingarm, id love to remove the vintage looking side shocks and go to a single... something like this build....http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1007&page=3

and Volcom..the offer is out there...if you want to sell your swingarm im in the market :)

gawd daim, i had enought projects, not this monoshock idea has caught on to my brain like a leach!!!

hahaha yup ive been folowing that one two, absolutly killer bike, would have been nice if he made some of the exhaust stuff with bent tubing though, thats alootttt of pie cuts

well HT, im guessing you dont need my swingarm, since you already HT'ed yours(hahahahaha. puns.), so ill go and pass it along to ahale if thats straight
and i got shafted on the cheap bike. new block fron cracked kickstart journal and screwed up rings. well, live and lean. or luck of the draw. ya never know

drew, I like that design as well but I really like the look of the shock sticking out up top (pluss it saves weight and ground clearance)

weird question: anyone know what the total travel for the rear suspention should be on a good handeling xs? If i know that I can design all my links, im gona play with some AutoCAD tomorro :)

I really want to make the bike handle killer

ill sell ya my 'arm, should have the HT knocked out this weekend of so. ill keep ya posted bro! but only if you return the favor for us. lol. i cant wait to see your plan put into action!

cool thanks, ill keep a favor in the books for you guys.

I don thtink the geometry should be too hard, wost part about the whole deal will be relocating the battery.....again.

im sure ill just knock it out on a weekend.

Volcom, your arm is a 77 correct? therefore it has the older styple plastic bushings?

I think i may have found my charging issue last night, one of the terminals going into the connector was broken clean off.

think this could be the issue? ....I really hope its that easy

Which connector was broken? Yeah lack of continuity certainly can cause some problems.

oh mann...... Ive got such a killer plan for this rear swing arm, its going to a good home volcom :)

im going to design my monoshock setup just like the "prolink" setups off of the newer cbr600's (check the url down bottom), all the frame will require for modifications will be some gussets for strength and two tabs for the lower links ....IM PUMPED, I should be able to build the whole setup off the bike and install it in a couple hours ...oh hellz yeah

ive allready got the shock and lower rocker coming through ebay, the bottom links will be trick because i can make them with super strong heim joints for uber adjustability.

take a gander at this....

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...e=14&ndsp=16&ved=1t:429,r:4,s:199&tx=79&ty=63

Back