1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS400.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want an XS400.com t-shirt? Go to the store to order. Limited sizes and quantities available.
    Dismiss Notice

my tracker build

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by drewpy, Nov 17, 2010.

1. drewpy

drewpy Excess twin Top Contributor

2. Ringo

Ringo bznchris

Comin along! Really like that fork brace...

3. drewpy

Hi Chris,nice to see you!

4. Awesome build man! I love black rims! I also really like the idea of your ignition placement, pure genius. Keep up the good work!

5. drewpy

thanks, the coil placement was inspired by the old triumphs.

I keep changing my mind about the colour scheme on the tank etc. I think I'll wait till most of the bike is complete before I make a final decision!

6. Yeah, I know what you mean about color choices.... When I built mine last winter, I went with the "rat rod" look all around, so paint was easy. lol I just sprayed over the stock red tank with yellow, and then with flat black. Then I sanded through all the layers to make it look old, and cleared it with flat clear after having a friend lay some pinstripes down. This winter for the rebuild, Im getting away from the rat rod feel altogether (besides the fact that the bike has parts from about 6 differant bikes!). I know I wanna use Duplicolor, I just have to figure out a color now.