Need help- brake line kit for 1983 seca400

pgfkr

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
Need help locating brake line kit for 1983 seca400 or exactly what i should order for custom made hoses.
Any help really appreciated.
Thanks in advance

http://apexbrakes.com/custom.asp Good pricing, good communication, and quick.

I used #3 fittings on each end, in Black. Black line, and the fittings were set at 180º. I measured (with string) the route I wanted the line to run and added an inch to that so the line would have a slight bend between the brackets when the forks were fully extended. No issues in 4 years.

Thanks for the info - just to clarify 180 twisted picture looks wrong - do you mean 90 degree ??? and bypassed the junction and just used one line instead of two?
Thanks in advance and thanks very much for the help.

Last edited:
Junction? 2 lines? Can't comment on that as my Maxim only has one line. I wasn't aware of the Seca having a different setup. The manual (Chapter 7, page 54) doesn't show any difference. 180º worked for my application.

I called Apex awhile back GTIDave, but didn't have much luck.
I ended up going though FortNine, and it was pretty simple. Just need to look up Russell brake line kits.
Hope that helps :)

Yep the Seca had a split line...why?...God only knows cause mine had one disk/caliper...I replaced with a single custom stainless braided line.
Less joints so less room for leaks/ failures.

Back