1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS400.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Want an XS400.com t-shirt? Go to the store to order. Limited sizes and quantities available.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by khizer, Oct 8, 2019.

1. khizer

khizer XS400 Enthusiast

thanks chris! I also wanted share that I haven't been able to fix the gas flooding issue. Now I am currently look for carb rebuild kits thinking the problem might be the float needle and valve. I have tried numerous attempts to fix the issue but gas still seems to flow out of the air filters. I even bought vernier callipers to measure the float height to 26mm but yet no good results. if you could share some ideas it would be really helpful.

2. xschris

xschris a lifestyle not a trend Top Contributor

Make sure you buy them in sets. Use the stock OEM part numbers for your search. Avoid aftermarket or "cheap" knock offs.

3. xschris

Make sure you measure float heights without the bowl gasket on the carbs. Also are you still working with the carb that had the broken float post? That fix will cause issues.

4. khizer

khizer XS400 Enthusiast

yes, the carb post is still broken off but I used some solder on it which fixed it and I made sure by flipping the carb upside down and the floats seemed to move freely. But I'll try to read few forums on how to fix the carb post.
    also do you know if K&L, hendler company are trustable? most ebay sellers have the float valve, needle from those brands.

5. xschris

Not sure as all I use is stock oem valves.