Neoprene seat foam

thekrnel

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where can I find a sheet of neoprene foam to make a seat pad. I am building a street tracker and want to put a 1/2" pad on my seat. I can find it online for like $35 but I just need a peace about 12" x 18".

Any Ideas?

Depends how big the seat is, but a laptop neoprene sleeve might do the trick if you don't mind having 2 layers (or maybe 4 layers if one sleeve is not enough). A bit of fabric glue would keep it together. You could probably get one at a dollar store.

I bought 3/4" thick neoprene foam from a local fabric and craft supply store. They had it in bulk rolls that were 4' wide. I've seen it up to 2" thick. If we were closer, I'd give you some of my leftover foam, I bought a yard of it...

You may also wish to make your seat pad a bit thicker. I'm thinking 1" minimum. Otherwise, you may find you don't want to ride your bike much.

Not sure the laptop case would work for what I'm looking for. Can't hurt to try if I can find 1 or 2 at the dollar store.

My fabric store only carries regular seat foam. I am a city rider and don't get too much time for long rides. I like the way 1/2" looks I think. Trial and error are my friends!

or a good piece of rubber yoga mat. My fiancee just bought a 3mm thick one and it's amazing how comfortable it is for something that thin

The yoga mat is a good idea. I was going to go to the local garden store and try and find a kneeling pad that I might be able to cut down.

here's a pic of the bike mid build for referance

Attachments

• 20140415_190014.jpg
    20140415_190014.jpg
    304.1 KB · Views: 283
Back