New guy in PA

T-sox

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd start off by saying hi. I just recently bought a XS650 for a bobber project and then found 2 XS400's that needed some love. The price was too good to pass up so I took them home.

It's a 81 with 10,000 miles and a 79 with 14,000. The 81 has a title so it will be getting the tracker treatment. The 79 is going to get parted out to finance the project. Check the classified section if you need anything.

Here are the pictures,

What is it with these poor old XS400's? Don't get no respect sometimes.

About 16 years ago I was told a guy had some old motorcycles for sale at the farm we were going to to get corn for a picnic. Decided to have a look. Turns out there were two XS650's and some other smaller bike. These were bike the farmers son's had used to ride the farm roads for fun. As I had an XS650 I road to work year round figured I could use some parts. The motors were not stuck so when the farmer asked for an offer I said I'd give him $100.00 each for the two 650's. Farmer asked if anyone would make an offer on the other one, a 1981( or was it a 1982?)XS400, at that time I had never seen or heard of an XS400, well no one wanted to make an offer. Farmer turns to me and asks me to make an offer. So feeling generous I came back with an offer of $200.00. No not for the 400 but for all three! Wouldn't you know he said OK! To top it off he even had titles for all three.

That 400 was not too bad, a few nicks and scratches from running the farm roads and the carbs needed cleaning but that was about all to get it ride-able again. I sold it a couple years later for next to nothing to my brother who when he got a good deal on a XV1100 gave it to his son-in-law. As far as I know he still has it, need to see for sure and if he doesn't ride it maybe I could get it back!

Back