New guy seat question

norrie

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Hi guys. I've just signed up. I'm wondering if someone could please give me some guidance. Did a bit of searching but didn't come up with anything. I'm looking at the seat below for a '77 XS250 and wondering if it will fit the XS without too much drama. Is there anything else (mounting kit/parts) you'd imagine I'd need to get it done if it will work? I don't have the bike yet to measure up so if someone could please help me out, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUZUKI-HONDA-YAMAHA-Hump-Seat-SR-GS-CG-GN-Universal-Cafe-Racer-UH3-W-Grips-/111854428553?hash=item1a0b0b2189:g:URwAAOSwrklU-HBo&vxp=mtr

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Welcome to the forum! There is most likely no easy options for changing to a different seat other than the stock seat. All aftermarket seats will need to have seat and/or frame modifications to install. I have yet to change mine as it's still a work in process, but I'm not ever going back to the stock, step style seat. I think this will be the most challenging part for my build. After getting a rear hoop installed, I'm going to attempt to make my own seat, then have it covered professionally. There is a lot of helpful information available on the forum, just spend some time seeing what others have done, and learning all you can. Good luck with your project!

Welcome to the forum! There is most likely no easy options for changing to a different seat other than the stock seat. All aftermarket seats will need to have seat and/or frame modifications to install. I have yet to change mine as it's still a work in process, but I'm not ever going back to the stock, step style seat. I think this will be the most challenging part for my build. After getting a rear hoop installed, I'm going to attempt to make my own seat, then have it covered professionally. There is a lot of helpful information available on the forum, just spend some time seeing what others have done, and learning all you can. Good luck with your project!

Thanks for your reply. So… there goes the idea of switching back to stock easy I guess. I'll do some more reading and then decide what I'm doing and how. Cheers!

Switching back to stock would be the easiest option if you like the stock seat. The seat you show says "for cafe new build" so hard to say if it fits specifically your bike without mods. You could probably make the seat fit, what year model do you have?

Back