New(ish) silencers

ivor

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Well, the silencers that have been on my bike for the last few years, look to possibly have been the originals. My mate who was the previous owner, rode the bike as a daily hack for ten years, and as each hole appeared he just welded 'em up.
Anyway, a few months ago I noticed that a new hole had come through, and around it the only material left was the chrome, no metal underneath :eek:
I figured my welding skills were not up to welding on chrome, (no, really :laugh:), so I scored some rather nice chrome ones off ebay, just £20, and no postage 'cos I picked 'em up from near my Father in laws.
Previous owner had took 'em off an XS500, but I don't think they're Yam, they look a bit like Dunstall decibels. Took a pic this afternoon after fitting 'em, sound nice, and here is a pic of the old ones.

Attachments

• P1220002.jpg
    P1220002.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 344
  • P1220005.jpg
    P1220005.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 352
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that the new ones look a little better.....haha Man, those were in bad shape!!

Hey, believe me, they look better in the photos than they actually are!

I might stick 'em on ebay, well, have you seen some of the crud people list ? Could be a laugh.......:D

Back