New member from Portland

MoonClipper

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey there everyone! I just purchased today a 1982 Yamaha XS400 Maxim! It's my first motorcycle and I've heard these are good bikes for beginners. I love the style of it, and mine appears to be totally stock which is a huge plus in my opinion.

The bike runs and drives, the tires look pretty new with plenty of tread, and the previous owner did new spark plugs and wires, as well as a carb rebuild.

I have a few pictures from the ad, but I'll try to get a few more today or tomorrow when I'm off work. All the work it needs appears to be cosmetic only, I see no mechanical issues with the bike.

For those of you wondering I paid $950 for the bike and he delivered it a hour to my place, which I think is a awesome deal!
00P0P_jpBK15DBSUB_600x450.jpg
01616_4DIzn2FgoEQ_600x450.jpg

Nice! Sounds and looks like a good deal. Good luck and enjoy!
Thanks! I do need to do some small things as I said, adjusting the levers, and of course check everything. I'm off work in a hour and plan to spend my morning going through and everything... And maybe taking it for a ride up and down my road a few times! :p First motorcycle, so I want to learn to ride while I have the down time.

I do need to source a right hand mirror though, although I may buy a aftermarket set to throw on. And I may swap the switch out for the type that has a circle kill switch, I like that style better.

Back