New Member Intro

1979 xs4002f 27500 miles and runs like a top. going to clean it up this winter and run the heck out of it next year. i have had it for 12 years now.

Last edited:
Welcome to the site! Your bike looks good! I'm sure with 12 years of ownership you know a thing or two about these machines and you can share. :)

Welcome man! I know what you mean about the site...I think everyone here is going to make this site superb! Make sure you keep coming back so we can keep the site alive.

Your XS looks great. Definitely a clean bike.

thanks the pics are a little fuzzy. when i got this bike from a local dealer it was is sad shape lots of grease and oil all over it. the seat was a ok recover. and a lot of rusty bolts. it took me 12 years to get it (and about $2000) like it looks today. parts are so hard to find. yamaha has discontinued most everything for it, and what they do have is oem but don't look as it should. most of the parts came from ebay. there is a place that seams to have a lot of parts still its called speed and sport there in bloomsburg pa there phone # 570-784-6831.

just got a pair of header pipes off ebay with no rust in great shape for 30 bucks! took me 12 years but the bike will look awesome. i will post some pics when i get them and put them on.:thumbsup:

here are pics. its seems to be getting harder to find one of these bikes that have not been cut up.

Last edited:
Got an original color tank (black) and will soon have the side covers for the bike. It was hard to find this tank and it was not cheap. I will post some pics when it is done.:D

Last edited:
With covers:thumbsup: I don't see a lot of 2v6 models and the few i have are very low numbers like 2v6-000275, 2v6-001578, and 2v6-001588 not a lot of these made?

Last edited:
Back