New Member Intro

I think I am one of the few on here that has one. Keep cutting them up guys and make mine more rare:thumbsup:

Got the bike out today and it runs awesome! It is cool to see the gold flake it the black paint of the tank. I wonder if any other xs400's came like this? I know some people have wondered about what rpm's these turn at with different sprockets this turns 4700 with a 16/37 in 6th gear. 27500 miles and runs like a dream.:)

Last edited:
WOW! that really is nice! i respect anyone who has a heart for machines! weather you restore or build customs, foreign or American. two wheels or four, on road or off, it's all the same to me!!! express yourself!!!! and "re-use" i hate all this new disposable garbage!!!! everything new just sucks!!!

ok i'm done with my soap box hee hee hee!!

Some cool stuff that I have for the bike. It in nice to see what it should look like. I have all parts now to finish my resto. I will put some picks up in a few days.:)

Last edited:
Picked this up the other day, came with the bike in the crate. The shop guys used this to put the bike together. Something cool to have.:)

Last edited:
Nice bike! Who would want to cut up a nice '79? You may be nearly alone, but you aren't completely alone.

user3153pic379130179031.jpg

I have to admit though, the bars are not stock (less than half the rise and pullback) and i am toying with the idea of pulling in the signal stalks or installing Lucas/BSA style signals.

i cut mine up. '79 mag wheels and discs. it was ROUGH tho. amazingly enough, some of the stuff im not using is resto quality. lol. that black looks killer btw. glad too see someone pour a lot into a full resto. it looks beautiful

I wish I took some pick of the bike when I got it because it was in poor shape. So it can be done.:thumbsup: Finding the correct parts is not easy or cheap. Just to find a pic of what it should look like took a long time. I don't think a lot of this model where made. I have only seen a few.

Last edited:
Thanks, I thought someone on here should have a 100% original bike.:bike:

From what I have seen the 77 D and my 79 2-f are the only ones, not sure about the 78's I have also noticed that mine is the only one withe the anodized brake stay bar, as well as the gold flake in the paint. It's a weird and rare model. I have followed all the printed factory pics on this bike to do my resto.:)

Back