New Member Intro

Had some nice weather here today. My wife watched our son so I could do some riding. Put 30mi on the xs650 and 125mi on the xs400.:thumbsup: My butt is sore:laugh:

wanna tell me what my before was? i believe ets exactly like houghmade's.
yours is freakin beautiful. if i found a nice one for cheap i would restore it just with smaller bars. but there arent many around here. specially nice ones

thus my inspiration of what im lookin to turn my 78 into!! OR i can try to just restore the 78 to original, and trade it for one like that!!

A local yamaha dealer had them they are 79-81, anyone need some parts? :laugh:

Last edited:
Look what I got today. Not sure what brand it is all it says is winning on it. Needs some cleaning, not sure if I will use it on this bike or sell it but very cool to look at:D

Last edited:
Well I have a another one now! Its a 1980 sg according to the vin 3f900xxxx but it has the rear drum mag.:shrug: with 9500miles new tires and runs very good. This one it going to be all cut up:wink2: I will be selling the exhaust and the highway bar and a few other bits that I don't need, so keep your eyes out.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I have no problem with cutting up bikes but my 79 is too nice and I have spent too much time and money to do it. Not that have a ugly younger sister its rat bike time:D

Last edited:
I guess you would call it a tracker. I don't know, but this is where I am at now. Still a lot to do.

Last edited:
Back