melbs5150

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone my name is Cody, I'm new to the forum but not new to motorcycling. I have an 81 XS400, a 91 Honda CBR 600 (racebike), a 2002 GSXR750, a 2008 Ninja 250 (racebike) and a 2008 GSXR600. I'm also the technical producer of one of the top motorcycle shows in the world, 2wheelpodcast. Check out the show and let me know what you guys think. www.2wheelpodcast.com

My wife's grandfather recently gave me an 81 XS400 with 427 miles on the odo. I've been wanting to get an older bike and cafe it out so I'm looking forward to the project.

Bike hasn't run in a few years and being so old I'm going to tear the motor apart and check things out so I now have a project over the winter!

Looks like lots of great info on this forum. I'll get some pics of the bike up soon. Today I took off the front caliper as the brake was dragging and cleaned that out, and got a few other things off the bike. I'll be posting a thread soon as I really get into everything.

welcome Cody! im new also too the forum, and new to motorcycles. I too own an 81 XS400. My plans for it are simple, gut everything and have just the stuff needed. with some nice nubby tires to go off road occasionally. Have you ever built one like that?

Back