Monowakari

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey,

New plugs put in, went for 50 km ride at variety of speeds: stop'n'go, country roads and highway speeds ~130 kmh.

Took them out to check on them as I had some wet fouling on the previous ones (BPR7ES and BP7ES from PO). I put in BR7ES' cause that's all my local shop had and figured it'd be okay after some research on here.
thumbnail_image1.jpg thumbnail_image2.jpg
Left^^-------------------------Right^^
How do they look to you guys?

Bike runs fine, some valve noise that I posted a video of on here yesterday. Also some slight faint popping from both trumpet mufflers as I decelerate. Gonna clean the carbs soon (ordered new intake boots, here in 9-11 days) and set the mixture screws a la advice on this forum.

Otherwise full powerband, revs to 9k no problem, lots of torque. Such a fun bike!

Little bit of bucking at low speeds but the throttle cable has some play that I need to adjust and also can attribute to my beginner lack of smooth roll on/off when shifting.

Was getting some whitish-grey smoke out of the mufflers after spraying in carb cleaner in the carbs and switching the plugs but has cleared entirely.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Back