New story of the week

arfstrom

XS400 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone ever miss a deer? I was heading to work at 5:30am. as I was cruising at 65 mph (legal speed limit) I was in a shadow of hill, and I totally did not see the deer. The image I remember most, frozen in my mind is 'its hind hoof, about 6 to 8 inches from my front tire. Since it was in the dark area of the hill, and until it decided to cut across the road. Luckily for me, I missed, and I was in the right place as far as that goes.

Then as if that wasn't bad enough, I made it another 45 miles to my work, and as I exit the highway, take a right onto the bridge, put it into 2nd gear, The clutch goes out as I was trying for 3rd gear. So once again the luck of the trip, I was close enough to my end destination, that I was able to park the bike while driving slowly in 2nd gear. After borrowing some wrenches to think I could swap the front brake handle for the clutch handle, I discovered the cable had been eaten though. The Clutch assemble on the handle bar, that also holds the mirror, seems to be defective. Some stresses on it, has left the cast aluminum with a some tear-age marks. Since I just replaced that cable like 3 to 5 years ago. I am thinking I need to replace that clutch handlebar assembly.

Anyone have one of those handy? I might double up on my request in the wanted/found section
I am looking for a clutch handle bar assembly (or recommendation)
and center stand. (I will look up ebay again...) My wife is ready for me just to get rid of it. I am not ready yet.

Back