new to the site and need help on bobber build

twiggy

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
hey guys im currently new to this site and will have pictures of the bike when I get to my home computer.

I have just picked up a 1979 xs400 and want to bobber it. I was wondering if any one has links to spoke rims and also I need to find a place that has longer cables for throttle, clutch and also a new brake line that is longer because I am putting 12 inch ape hangers on the bike.

If you're looking for drumbrakes spoked wheels shouldn't be hard to find in the US, try ebay or craigslist or anything else you've got over there. Spoked wheels for disc brakes are a lot harder to find, though they are out there...

I believe a lot of people buy xs parts from mikesxs.net, you could take a look for your cables and brake lines (though I'd guess these are universal, you only need to figure out what length you need)

And most importantly: welcome to the forum!

I had a custom brake line made by Apex Brakes. They included new banjo bolts and washers at no charge. Ordered on Saturday, delivered on Tuesday. Couldn't have asked for better service at twice the price!

Back