newbie to the forum,my xs400 build

monkeyboy

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
this is my xs400,i just finished it...the forks,wheels and neck are from a 1969 triumph t100r,lower frame and engine are from a 1978 xs400,rear section of frame is a 1953 bmw r25/2.hand made controls,bars,seat pan and alot of other things,:bike:and here is a pic of my 1980 xs650 i built(copper)

xs400 166.jpg

100_6363.jpg[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• xs400 016.jpg
    xs400 016.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 114
thanx,took it for its first ride today,having trouble shifting.dont know if my angle on the control linkage is off,or something else????

let us know how u made the foreward controls when it's sorted out. i'm trying to figure that out on mine right now. can u take some closer pics?

thanx,took it for its first ride today,having trouble shifting.dont know if my angle on the control linkage is off,or something else????
Yeah, the linkage looks a little short to me in the pic. Maybe if it were an inch or so longer, it would give a little more leverage. That's just my opinion from looking at the pic though. Do you still have the stock shifter? You could put it back on and go for a ride to make sure it isn't something more than the forwards...

Yeah, the linkage looks a little short to me in the pic. Maybe if it were an inch or so longer, it would give a little more leverage. That's just my opinion from looking at the pic though. Do you still have the stock shifter? You could put it back on and go for a ride to make sure it isn't something more than the forwards...
ya good call on the linkage,thats what i think it is,too..no original or xtra stock shifter laying around(probly throw out 5 or so)just gonna do the old adjustable wrench on the linkage and try that,make sure it goes throw all the gears and start from there.

just unhooked linkage,and she shifted fine with a small adjust wrench on the stub to the shaft,,,,,so we have so kind of linkage problem will fig out this week and take some pics of the controls done...

That's quite a crazy compilation of parts you that there into that bike.. Very cool. Any close-ups of the ass end? How does it handle?

xs400 004.jpg

xs400 019.jpg

xs400 060.jpg

100_6373.jpg

100_6375.jpg

here is a couple pics during mockup,she rides like a rigid,no give at all,changing the seat on it now to a spring mount,took it out for a test ride and i had to push my spine back down from the top of my skull...LOL

Back