Notification emails to Hotmail, MSN, Live, and Outlook email accounts

Travis

Forum Staff
Staff member
Reaction score
Microsoft has recently blocked all email from the site, so all email notifications sent to Hotmail, MSN, Live, and Outlook email accounts are bouncing back to me. I am not sure when this block will be removed. If you wish to receive email notifications from the site you will need to update your email address to a non-Microsoft account. Please click here to change your email address in the Control Panel.

If you have Microsoft email account, and no longer wish to receive any type of email notifications from the site, you can do nothing. You will no longer receive email from other members, notifications of new private messages, notifications to thread updates, or notifications from the administrator (including giveaway announcements). You will also not be able to use the user name look-up or password reset tools until Microsoft removes the email block.

To address this problem, I've implemented new software to handle bounced email. Once an email address has been unreachable 2 times, to prevent further emails from being sent, the following changes will be made to your account:
* Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up - Enabled
* Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages - Disabled
* Receive Email from Administrators - Disabled
* Receive Email from Other Members - Disabled
* Receive Friendship Request Email - Disabled
* Thread Subscription (Email Notification) - Disabled (if it was enabled)
* Forum Subscription (Email Notification) - Disabled (if it was enabled)
* Default Thread Subscription Mode – No email notification

If your email address has been unreachable 2 times, you will receive a PM stating essentially the same thing as this post.

If you receive the PM and your account settings are changed, once you have changed your email address, you can restore your previous email notification settings here.

Note: if you wish to receive notifications of future giveaways, you will need to enable Receive Email from Administrators after changing your email address.

You can mass-change your thread and forum subscription settings here.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them here.

Back