ok i must be getting old cos im lost wtf is a barhopper or a bratt?

weemonster

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
seen these terms crop up in the build threads. and dunno what they are.
chopper i know and bobber and Cafe racer and street fighter i know. I know what they are meant to be anyways lots of peeps dont but i dont want this ro decend into a rant lol.
Call me old fashioned but a Cafe racer should be a (british) paralell twin. Theres no shiney bling on a cafe racer its stripped down bare bones to make it as fast as possible.

A streetfighter is a japanese faired sportsbike thats been dropped and has 3rd party only insurance and the owner cant afford new plastics.

Brat is a term used to describe a certain style of bike. BratStyle is the name of the Japanese company who built the bikes in that style.

www.bratstyle.com

A Barhopper is typically a chop or bobber that's meant for short trips between bars cause they're more form over function, ie, not very comfortable to ride for more than 10 miles or their gas tank has been chopped so its only capable of holding a couple of gallons of gas.

i got that it was style of bike just couldnt see a pattern in it.

well mine is gonna be a function over form Cafe racer. Although i think me and my pbmagforum buddies have invented a new class.
The LDD'er
Search Longest Day Down on facebook and you'll see what i mean.

Keep in mind that a "bar-hopper" has specific requirements. It must appeal to the desired gender one wishes to attract, usually females. This requires a loud exhaust to get their heads to turn in your direction. Bright colours, lights, and shiny chrome to catch their eye. A tiny pillion seat to discourage the larger ones. And no grab handles, so they are forced to hold onto you. An engine that vibrates strongly can also help with the remainder of the night... ;)

Keep in mind that a "bar-hopper" has specific requirements. It must appeal to the desired gender one wishes to attract, usually females. This requires a loud exhaust to get their heads to turn in your direction. Bright colours, lights, and shiny chrome to catch their eye. A tiny pillion seat to discourage the larger ones. And no grab handles, so they are forced to hold onto you. An engine that vibrates strongly can also help with the remainder of the night... ;)

:laugh::laugh:

Back