OMG, My TX500 is a NIGHTMARE to find parts for!

Did you happen to notice that your link does not even have an oil filter for the bike? Sure there are lots of parts there that are universal to some bikes (oil filter wrenches and the like) and some leftover parts, but I didn't just post what I posted without having investigated the situation. I am interested in links where I can get needed thinks like brake pads, shoes, cables, and filters, but the fact is, in my search thus far, for the most part, these parts are simply no longer available for this bike except used.

I just found a few things on ebay not as much as the 400 but i seen filters and cables.i just put in yamaha tx500 there was 3000 listings

Posted via Mobile

Mark this is why I mentioned that this bike as much as you like it Will it be more headache than whats it worth?At least you got your maxium to ride.Oh heres a source that I have delt with for vintage yamahas try Grim cycle salvage.They are out west and usualy carry a good inventory of parts.

Last edited:
You may try taking the old oil filter into an auto parts store to see if another filter has the same threads/setup. It looks similar to many filters used on small diesel engines

Back