1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS400.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Want an XS400.com t-shirt? Go to the store to order. Limited sizes and quantities available.
    Dismiss Notice

On to the next one.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by IncorpoRatedX, May 9, 2013.

Tags:
  1. I recently sold my loud as hell xs400 off to a nice fellow from Chicago. He took the train out and rode the old girl back to the city. At his moment of departure the realization that he forgot his tools occurred so I gave him an adjustable wrench, phillip and flat head driver and a fist full of zip ties along with the advice 'if that doesnt fix it, i dont know what will' :)

I was selling my bike because earlier in the winter I happened upon a completely stock XS400 of the same year. My girlfriend being the level headed woman she is, has refused to ride on my loud and stripped down 400, me being the type that loves his girlfriend, decided to take a softer approach to my next bike. :bike:

Out with the old:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

in with the new:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

so far it's got new tires, low bars, pod filters in route, LED tail sitting on the bench, trying to decide if I make a new fender or chop up the stock one. CDI conversion waiting to go in. Everything works, it runs smooth and quiet. Mods will be minimal, things will go slow, I spend most of my time wrenching on or enjoying these toys:

[​IMG]

2. Scorpio1963

Scorpio1963 XS400 Guru Top Contributor

Wow if that xs looks as good in the picture you have one heck of a clean well kept machine.What a find.I can tell by the looks of the exhaust from the other bike why it was loud as hell:laugh:

3. drewpy

drewpy Excess twin Top Contributor

I would have kept both :)

let the bird have the stock one and ride out front :D

4. put the pod filters on and put some miles on it after changing to the proper oil, rides so very smooth and quiet compared to my old rough and tumble bike.

painted the side covers black, im not sure I like it, might go with a matte clear coat to dull it down a bit.

[​IMG]

5. thekrnel

thekrnel XS400 Enthusiast

What tires do you have on your "new" bike? I like the profile a lot!

6. bcware

bcware Well-read Top Contributor

I agree. Those tires are pretty sharp. Post up the specs :)

7. What a great find and the few mods are making it look even better.

8. 16VGTIDave

16VGTIDave XS400 Guru Top Contributor

Don't think we are going to get a response any time soon The OP hasn't been here since May 24/2013.

9. xschris

xschris a lifestyle not a trend Top Contributor

They look like a motard tire.

10. Didn't notice that. Thanks Dave