Other than your bike what other projects are you working on?

Scorpio1963

XS400 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Me I have a few this is a major reason my bike isn't running by now.I have been procrastinating these things for a couple of years and one has been such a major pia Ive been working on my red 96 jimmy on and off for 4 years.
Other than that 3 years ago I bought another rear axle and gear assembly with 3.42 gears to take the place of 3.08`s.That I finaly accomplished last month.
Changed the coil springs and shocks also which I have been wanting to for the last 3 years,this got finished a couple of weeks ago.
Now a behemouth project ive been wanting to do for the last 3 years is remove the bed off my truck clean and rust proof the frame along with installing a nonrusted out bed which I started on today.
Rebuilding a 4.3 chevy engine which is currently in limbo till I have the time and cash for more parts

Last but not least I had a 98 Yukon given to me that has some issues which I haven't realy done much to it except do so maintenance on,A tuneup.

I have to rebuild the deck on the house soon. It's 1989 original and falling apart. I am also trying to get my fiberglass hardbags on my other bike and sell my car to get something old school. I want one I can work on fully.

I have been working on my son's ATV. It's a 89 Yamaha Breeze 125. It's been a bitch to start ever since we got it, and if you shut it off hot, the starter won't engage. I was told that that is likely the starter clutch, so 2 years ago I bought the parts to fix it. Last week I finally got around to doing it. Took the carb apart and cleaned it too. Now it won't start at all........

Oh, and sometime before the snow flies again I need to get at my sled and put a new suspension under it. Maybe a new(er) track.

Last edited:
I have 10 boltsd holding the bed of my truck down I was able to get 7 out 10 removed and had to heat every darn one of them.The 2 that are left are underneath the mount for the front of the leave spring ,a real moronic of a place to get to.From what I can tell Im going to have to remove the rivets that hold the leaf spring mount on ,drop the spring,get the bolt out.Thanks GM<:wtf:

old 5 horse roto tiller,been fixing stuff po did to the 97 tahoe i just got. putting handicap controls in a 89 Volvo for my daughter

EVdently for now the truck wins Im going tract down a torch and burn the bolts out.My knees are shot got rest my body.
I had a 98 Tahoe giving to me the owners took great care of it.they never change the oil or tans fluid over 189k mile journey:doh::banghead:It has a noise in the engine,play in the steering and vibration to figure out

BROKENFANG do you have any pics of your Tahoe?

Heres a pic of my free Yukon,Despite its problems its power everything 4wd and it all works

Attachments

• 98 yukon.jpg
    98 yukon.jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 330
That thing still runs never having an oil change?:eek: I would also consider not changing the trans fluid until you have the resources to rebuild your transmission. I have seen many cars never move again after changing the trans fluid at that kind of mileage.

Surprisingly I removed the pan and there was just a smudge of debris inside.At sometime If I get pissed enough at the jimmy I`ll replace it with the trans from it.Its been totally rebuilt.The engine needs the lower end rebuilt Im not going to worry about it till next year if I still have it.My friend said its been making the noise for 3 years so why worry about it now:laugh:

I changed the oil 3 times before it was clean and didn't come out black.If my physical health wasn't so bad and I had air and tools Id repair the engine and have tranny flushed.
Project the Jimmy still has to be completed before I start on the Yukon.For now my plans are to use it for a winter vehicle since its 4wd.

Did some more work on box preparation removal today.All the frame mounts are out and gas tank spout disconected.Lights and wiring have been removed.The fun part is coming,this where I strap 4 corners that will be hooked to an engine hoist.If all goes as palnned I should be able to drive out from underneath it.:yikes:

Last edited:
Heres what I got a finished doing today after waiting 2 and 1/2 years

Attachments

• truck bed.jpg
    truck bed.jpg
    303.6 KB · Views: 314
  • truck frame.jpg
    truck frame.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 320
  • underneith the fbed.jpg
    underneith the fbed.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 336
  • inside the truck bed.jpg
    inside the truck bed.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 323
That frame looks to be in surprisingly good condition, especially given the state of the bed. I think a new one of those would be in order for me. Then again, I would probably just put a wooden flat bed on it, scratch my belly through my A-shirt, pop open my um-teenth beer of the day, and dream about adding stacks and lift kits.:D

Theres a new metal bed Im working out a deal with a guy that has one or I might just go with a wooden flat bed.The pic doesn't show as bad as that frame is one more winter last year and there would be no frame left.Im going to fun getting all the rust flying around:yikes:

hey scorpio1963 here are couple pics of my beast. its full luxury with no key fob power every thing leather. i have had to replace 1 turn signal ,polish the head lights,replace idler pulley and fan clutch. still have to put the bumpers from my 92 gmc truck on it. the front is twisted and the back is rusted through

Attachments

• 0815141256.jpg
    0815141256.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 299
  • tahoe front.jpg
    tahoe front.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 309
EVdently for now the truck wins
I posted that on 12th,Today I won.:thumbsup:

Looks like the body is in decent shape.I found a small tiny crack of the radiator on mine today.
After getting the box off my 94 serria I have rear lights and darned if I can figure that out.

Don't let anyone see the "disabled" driver of this truck doing manual labor:laugh::wink2: A guy down the street from me was "disabled" when it was time to see the doc but could still do brake jobs and exhaust systems out of his garage. Till one day they checked on him and he got into some big trouble.

Last edited:
Back