Other than your bike what other projects are you working on?

Depends on what your measuring I guess lol.Well the weather didn't stop me from getting my work done.

Got the frame for my wooden box for my truck completed today.It turned out pretty well.Didnt take any pics but I`ll post some tomorrow.
Tomorrow I`ll be working on the floor of it.I wanted to go with 1x 8 but at @$8 a piece its more economical for me to use plywood.
I don't know when I`ll be able to get back to the bikes wiring issues I have so much to do and then its the fall fishing season.

I don't plan on carrying very heavy loads with this bed.I had to change plans bcause when I went to install the side planks the beams kept splitting on the end.I guess if I have to cross that bride I can use a piece of wood for temporary ramp if need be.Also the largest of all obsticles is the lights.I haven't figured out how and what kind to use.Mabe take the trailer lights off my Yukon and get a set of trailer lights.

Last edited:
I kinda like the idea you're going with on the truck bed but you'll really have to get a good grade of ply and waterproof the hell out of it. Also for lights you could get those 4"round lights used on dock trucks. Use a 2x8 for your tail piece and use a hole saw to cut them in to it. If this doesn't work for ya I know of a new truck you could buy. My sister has a 67 El Camino for sale. With a built 454 a Muncie M21 Rock crusher 4 speed and the matching numbers Malibu option 396 original engine to boot. It has to be assembled though. This was her husbands last project that he was building when he passed away.

That Camino sounds sweet! How much?

Not sure what she'll be selling it for yet. It's been sitting in a dry pole barn covered pickled and ready for assembly & paint for about 12 years now. But when Mark had the drive train together and was driving it. It would scare the crap out of him:yikes:. Little throttle 1st gear slip the clutch and you ROAST the skins. There was a few hundred lbs added to the rear for better weight transfer but still not great in the rain. The 454 he built had potential to develop over 500 Hp on pump gas. The thing about Mark is he was a meticulous finicky Finn. If I had the space & money I'd Love to take the El Camino my self or Possibly his 63 Avanti R2.

Don't have any room for anymore projects,still have that S10 blazer to finish up on.Also I have some issues with my Yukon I still have work on so Im going to be quite busy.I just hope mother Nature cooperates.

As for the plywood I have been putting coat after coat on it and all the lumber with linseed oil.IM also thinking of topping the floor off with some sheet aluminum that I have from a camper shell.
I made a video with sound so you guys will get to hear me talking:yikes: I`ll be posting later today

So I madce the videos and uploaded them to youtube when I played them the sound came out all garbled.Since Ive added more stuff Im going to make a new video.

The video isn't cooperating and whole picture didn't show up.I have also added more cross beams since the photo was taken but you get an idea where Im going.Its quite simple.The humidity is like 100% with no wind so progress will be slow.

Attachments

• wooden truck bed frame.jpg
    wooden truck bed frame.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 338
Its 2 inches,I doubled the sheets of the boards.I got cut out curves around the wheels also.I think Im going to use some deck paint for extra water protection.I`ll have about $100 wrapped up in the project when complete

I haven't posted on this project in a few days but to let you guys know where Im at with it.Stage 2 he frame is all completed and decking is all completed also.When the sun isn't so bright I`ll take a pic and post it.

I found another xs250 to buy !

and changed the back wheel on my gn250

and put my numbers on the BSA ready for sundays 150 mile ride...

MAking progress came up with the idea of using what was left of my old camper shells aluminum for bed covering.Look pretty good I think.I also rubberized the bottom side.

Attachments

• truck bed 1 aluminum.jpg
    truck bed 1 aluminum.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 346
  • truck bed 2 aluminum.jpg
    truck bed 2 aluminum.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 341
I got the side rails almost finished yesterday also,If I can be as motivated today as I was yesterday,I should be able to wrap this up today

Back