Our Other Bikes

hardtailed77

Never Finished
Reaction score
I think we should have a thread that allows members to show off their other bikes, and information on the builds. I have seen GREAT talent on this website, so let's see more!!

Here's my other ride. It's a 1981 Kawasaki KZ440 LTD. I have alot of work into this bike. I chose to restore it to an "original-like" condition. Lots of polishing, custom paint and decals, and a few performance upgrades here and there. Let me know what you think and post your bikes up too!

Attachments

• kz1.bmp
    71.2 KB · Views: 470
  • kz3.bmp
    71.2 KB · Views: 409
  • kz2.bmp
    71.2 KB · Views: 476
^ FYI, Those pictures are tiny.

Here's a '82 Yamaha XJ650 Maxim I fixed up and sold a few years ago. It's got dual front discs from an XJ750 on it.

maxim16.jpg

Another one I fixed up and sold. 1981 Yamaha XS1100

xs11.jpg

Here's one of the current bikes. 2007 Yamaha FZ1... 150hp baby! It's got the European headlight on it so its like an FZ1N. I've never seen one on the road like it. Now for 2011, they're coming out with the Yamaha FZ8 in the US that looks just like my FZ1. :doh:

fz1.jpg

I think we should have a thread that allows members to show off their other bikes, and information on the builds. I have seen GREAT talent on this website, so let's see more!!

Here's my other ride. It's a 1981 Kawasaki KZ440 LTD. I have alot of work into this bike. I chose to restore it to an "original-like" condition. Lots of polishing, custom paint and decals, and a few performance upgrades here and there. Let me know what you think and post your bikes up too!
YOur pics a teeny, can't see bike

Yeah, I cant figure out how to make them bigger. They came from my old phone. I emailed them to myself, then loaded them on here. Is there an easy way for me to take them and make them larger?

Yeah, they are the same size in my email....Guess it just gives me a reason to ride the bike again! haha Too bad it's FREEZING here! I will take some pics with my digital camera and try it again when I get the chance. Sorry guys

Here's my first rebuild, a 1982 XJ750 Seca. It originally came with a HUGE rectangular instrument panel (we call the Atari) and an even bigger rectangular headlight. I removed these for just a speedo, a small panel with LED's for indicator lights and a 7" round headlight.

4003102568_691ce75ea2_z.jpg

The blue bike is an 82 Maxim 650 that I sold last year. Still haven't messed with the old DOHC Honda 450 in the back ground. The shiny black bike is my current ride.

Attachments

• old bikes.jpg
    old bikes.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 438
  • spring fever.jpg
    spring fever.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 441
cturek - Do you have any close up pics of the led panel you made? That sounds like a neat idea.

danno - great looking bikes man! I love the look of those pipes on the Honda.

650sf - Looks good! I have always loved the looks of the KZ. I have a 440 LTD, but I have to wait until I get back in town to take a few larger pictures.

KEEP THE PICS COMING GUYS!!

Here's my other ride. Looks cool, everyone likes it but me. Too loud too uncomfortable with the feet forward controls. Take it off my hands and save me the misery.

IMG_2010.jpg

I'm going to try this again...hopefully these pictures turn out better than the ones I posted before. Let me know what you think of the bike guys!

Attachments

• 0809001413.jpg
    0809001413.jpg
    310.1 KB · Views: 396
  • 0809001415.jpg
    0809001415.jpg
    311.4 KB · Views: 464
heres a few past and present
painted this ..was dark red and laid down when I got it
zx7rgreen2-1.jpg

got bored made a street fighter out of it
t002.jpg

my dirt bike ...sold
dirtbikes_etc___010.jpg

current ride...can you tell I'm getting older!!
11242010002.jpg

Thanks guys! It isn't exactly where I would like it to be, but it was restored on the quick for my other half. lol I have plans to do a little better next tme

Back