Our Other Rides (Cars) Past and Present

volcomskater77

XS400 Chopophile
Top Contributor
Reaction score
this is for the cars and trucks that we have, or had and miss. ill post this one up to get it started.
my dads '55 Chevy Hardtop. 350 LT1 out of a wrecked vette. 350TH and olds 10 bolt. ground down and painted frame. the body was filled with lead. this was built about '77 or '78. it was painted maroon. then he stripped it and was gonna re-spray it. and its sat like this ever since. acutally started pulling stuff out and doing intentory. HE HAS EVERYTHING. just waiting for time.
dads55.jpg

my buddy's '66 Ranchero. stock 289 with a performer intake and a 4-bbl. we re-sprayed it black primer at his dads work last winter. this is after the paint prep.
ranchbitchinbeater.jpg

this is after the re-spray. it has moon discs on it and the stripe is the primer we shot before the black. gonna get a proper teardown and repaint in the spring. first car i ever painted. pretty decent. its a ten-footer. it runs low 17's lol
167480_498641703927_761953927_6010688_4027240_n.jpg

yep...nice rides!
that old chev is worth its weight in gold now.
one of my babies was my 95 caprice 9c1(police package).was a Maryland toll authority car...I bought it with 85k on it....left it white for a year or two...then painted it two tone gray/silver.
was an LT1 350...CC305 cam 1.5 roller rockers,ported polished heads,long tube headers,dual edelbrock exhaust,4.10 posi rear,4 wheel drilled/slotted rotors,3000 stall conevrter.
I ran wheel adapters and ZR1 Vette wheels for awhile..but the adapters never did get a good balance...so I painted my Impala SS wheels to match....at one point I had 315/35-17 on the rear...close to 11.5 inches wide...mean as hell.

heres a stage 2 pic.
mywhitecar.jpg

heres a stage 3 pic.
my9c12.jpg

my9c11.jpg

It was pretty unique...even among the Impala/Caprice club community.
My wife and I went to the national Impala/Caprice meet that they had in Pocono,PA...they have it in a different place every year,its a national event.
There were 250 plus B-bodies there that weekend...I entered in the show and shine event...ended up being selected for a centerfold, 5 page write up in the national club magazine.....club photographer couldnt believe it was 'on old cop car' and not an ImpalaSS.
I put full carpet in it,leather seats out of a pontiac bonneville(dyed blue to match interior)had a center shift console out of an s10 blazer.
The rear spoiler was a custom piece I bought that had an LED brake light built into it.
the spoiler was a one piece unit that bolted to the trunk lid..and had 'horns' that would settle down over the sides of the rear fenders.Typically the guys who had these installed had problems with them rubbing the paint off underneath.
So to remedy that ,I mounted it to the trunk as directed...and epoxy glued them to the top of the fenders...then took an air cutof tool and cut the 'horns' off and then fiberglassed the ends in so there were no holes.Essentially it ended up being three pieces instead of one....the center section on the deck lid would go up and down with the deck lid...and the horns were hard mounted...similar to the old z-28s of the seventies.

Here's mine, not in the same league as yours ......:laugh:

Attachments

• P8030158.jpg
    P8030158.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 384
this was my first (and last) restoration.

its a 1967 Sunbean Alpine GT 1725cc alloy engine the finest that the Routes group did before being swallowed up by Chrysler

sunbeam-alpine.jpg

top pick shot at the " 'Ally O " AKA the Manchester Ship canal

nice sunbeam. its nice seaing one thats now got a 289 stuffed in it. nice golfs zrob. always liked the lines and stance of a slammed one with flares and stretch mounted tires. and you nailed it. lol

the newer ones with a 2 door cab and short bed slammed. like this.
slammedsilverado.jpg

thats not me. lol
and new rule for the thread. no posting without a pic. starting now. because im guilty until this point. lol

Last edited:
DAMN!! I have a ton of pics of old rides of mine on my phone.....a few bagged mini-trucks, fox mustang, v-dub corrado VR6, 73 dart, etc. My phone pics are TINY TINY on the forum though.

and new rule for the thread. no posting without a comment. starting now. because im guilty until this point. lol

No posting without a comment? You mean no posting without a pic?

Here's a post of mine that I copied from XS650.com:

A little project from a couple of summers ago that I thought you guys might enjoy. Yeah the wheels are worth more than the car :laugh: (I used to make fun of people who did that). It's all cosmetic because there's nothing done to the tired 5.0 V8 under the hood except for the exhaust being cut off. It's a fun car for the nice summer days. Yes there are no doors and it gets rained it, but there are drain holes in the floor pan and the seats dry out very quick and don't smell.

87crownvicchop01.jpg

87crownvicchop02.jpg

87crownvicchop03.jpg

I didn't quite get it into storage before the first snow last year :shrug:

87crownvicchop03b.jpg

Before:

87crownvicchop04.jpg

Work in progress pictures... I was living in a townhouse for about a year and did all work right where it sits in this picture. Took about a month working on it some evenings and on the weekends.. My neighbors must have hated me! The townhouse had a 2 car garage but it was full of bikes! :bike:

87crownvicchop05.jpg

Looks like a boat on the inside with the sheet metal interior. I spent more on all the sheet metal than I did on the car. :laugh:

87crownvicchop06.jpg

Back