Our Other Rides (Cars) Past and Present

Thanks Bruud, Those trucks were exported all over the world as they were the best selling trucks from '47-'54 but the cabs were prone to cancer and many havent survived. They also are not valuable enough for most collectors to spend the money shipping them. This one was bought by an Italian shipping guy who wanted it for his Long Beach, CA home. Sadly it will sit most of its life in a garage now. But the guy wants an "Americana" feeling ride when he is here.

Just bought this: Wish I could claim the fab work, but I can't. It's an XJ650 (inline 4, 73HP factory). Some turn signals, custom rear sets and some carb work, then it should be good to go!!!

Attachments

• $(KGrHqIOKk!E3vDn7pk2BN87pGQ5CQ~~_12[1].jpg
    $(KGrHqIOKk!E3vDn7pk2BN87pGQ5CQ~~_12[1].jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 374
  • $(KGrHqEOKnQE3Y4Gvz9+BN87jjeVrg~~_12[1].jpg
    $(KGrHqEOKnQE3Y4Gvz9+BN87jjeVrg~~_12[1].jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 378
  • $(KGrHqYOKokE3E1V)EpMBN87jQ(l0g~~_12[1].jpg
    $(KGrHqYOKokE3E1V)EpMBN87jQ(l0g~~_12[1].jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 369
  • $(KGrHqN,!g8E3vnn43mDBN87ii8zTw~~_12[1].jpg
    $(KGrHqN,!g8E3vnn43mDBN87ii8zTw~~_12[1].jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 372
  • $(KGrHqYOKkYE3RnBYMZ1BN87kP4dd!~~_12[1].jpg
    $(KGrHqYOKkYE3RnBYMZ1BN87kP4dd!~~_12[1].jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 389
  • $(KGrHqUOKpwE3uDteYFDBN87lVh1zg~~_14[1].jpg
    $(KGrHqUOKpwE3uDteYFDBN87lVh1zg~~_14[1].jpg
    1.5 KB · Views: 489
I talked to Brad (builder) about that. At the bottom of the seat there is a heat shield, an air gap and then insulation before the padding. Brad also said there is so much air movement through there that it has never been a problem. We will see...maybe I will change my name to toasty buns!!!

call it hot chestnuts :D

kinda reminds me of Italian styling in a good way and its certainly unique.

nice one :thumbsup:

Thanks Drewpy, I laughed out loud at the name while at a dinner for 4th of July!!! Chestnuts it is!!!

Last edited:
My Triumph Bonneville build
moto_0757.jpg

CBR600F3 adjustable forks, tubeless wheels, dual disc brakes up front, triumph fender cut down and adjusted for fitment with the f3 front end, gaiters, motoscope mini speedo/tach, idiot lights relocated to headlight bucket, woodcraft clip ons, smoothed tank badge holes and applied hinckley decals, hot wing glass seat pan which needs paint (also have 2 other seats), rear fender elim, lucas LED tail light, mini bullet signals, rerouted wiring/ relays/ and fuse box, d&d 2:1 full race exhaust, 6" uni pod filters, adjustable rear suspension, napoleon mirrors, a decent bit of powdercoating and I'm sure there are some things I'm leaving out.

Savantjk, nice bike, dig the idea of gators on upside down forks, best of both worlds!! Will be stolen by me someday!!!

Savantjk, may I ask what your rear shocks size are eye to eye? Who make them?

14.25" eye to eye. Raises my bike up a bit from stock, but it feels great, adds the ability to easily adjust, and provides room for my under-slung exhaust.

They are stock shocks from a kawa zrx.. 11 or 1200 model.. I can't remember, I believe they are the same. KYB makes them. A lot of zrex riders swap them out because they believe they are inadequate for the bike... however the triumphs are a lot lighter so they work great at a more budgeted price than springing for ohlins or something. They were one of the most immediately beneficial changes I made to the bike.

Thanks, going to keep an eye for those. Would be nice to have that level of adjustability.

Here was my baby

1984 C4 Corvette - Imported to Australia and converted to R/H drive.

Lets see if there are any true Corvette fans that can tell me what is wrong with the car, not counting the steering wheel being on the wrong side or the fact im running a front number plate :laugh:

4421607.jpg

4421595.jpg

Last edited:
I am looking Mizer but all I see is a cracked chin spoiler, missing the Corvette front license plate fill. you have the weights on the outside of the wheels instead of hidden on the inside. The hood, lights, bumper, mirrors, emblem and door handles are correct. Even the paint is in factory colors. I am hoping the 205HP 350 has been lost for something a little more fitting. Clean car though.

I am looking Mizer but all I see is a cracked chin spoiler, missing the Corvette front license plate fill. you have the weights on the outside of the wheels instead of hidden on the inside. The hood, lights, bumper, mirrors, emblem and door handles are correct. Even the paint is in factory colors. I am hoping the 205HP 350 has been lost for something a little more fitting. Clean car though.

Sadly the motor was the standard 350 cross flow, the licence plate fill was at home as we have to run front plates here, very clean car and the paint was all original. You were on the money with the tyres and wheels, yes the weights are on the outside but also the rims are on the wrong side of the car, see picture below. The fins on the rims are supposed to be designed to draw air through for brake cooling.

84bronze1.jpg

Here's my oddball ride. Volvo S40 T5 AWD, with lots of stuff done to it. She has more shoes than most girls do. Pictured with 19x8.5 F and 19x9.5 R Aston Martin wheels, KW V2 Coilovers, etc.

248887_10150206654254442_775614441_7066904_3874982_n.jpg

Carreragt7- is IPD still a big resource for Volvos? I had a couple Volvos; '72 142e and an '82 Turbo. Both were great sleepers in their day against the competition. Suspension and tire mods always responded great to Volvo's rigid design. HP was easy too with transplants, turbos and inter-coolers. Stripping weight was always the big issue.
I will always have a soft spot for those cars!!!

Last edited:
Yeah, IPD is still a pretty large Volvo sponsor. In fact, that picture was taken at this year's IPD Garage Sale and Car Show. :)

I've got some of their stuff on my car (RASB, front HD Endlinks, etc). Heico, Viva, and a few other companies are decent for the Volvo stuff.

The older style Volvos are sick, lots of crazy power in some of the ones I saw at the show. The newer models are a bit more tight spaced and finicky with all the electronic gadgetry, but it's my daily (and only) driver so I'm more than happy with it's peppiness.
It has really startled a few much nicer and more powerful rides off the line and through the twisties it rides like a bat out of hell on rails. :)

Post up some pics of your Volvos. :)

I found only one picture of the 142. I guess I wasn't much for picture taking in high school.
The '72 142 is around '84 and the '82 GLT was in '88 because I just had painted the bike.

Attachments

• 2011-08-10_17-05-54_486.jpg
    2011-08-10_17-05-54_486.jpg
    299.2 KB · Views: 318
  • 2011-08-10_17-10-42_717.jpg
    2011-08-10_17-10-42_717.jpg
    307 KB · Views: 315
My Current Rides
(of the 4 wheeled variety)

My Weekend Toy 74 Road Runner

RRWH1.jpg

RRWH2.jpg