Painting my 83 maxim, blueprint: ideas and criticism?

GraysonFleming

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are the colours I am thinking on, a darker red, few shades darker than maroon, then a cream coloured two tone, tanish in colour. Haven't seen many re painted stock maxims so I'm just brainstorming. Any ideas or thoughts? Criticism or support regarding the paint scheme?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    266.3 KB · Views: 389
I think it'll look pretty good :)

are you doing rattle can paint or more professional stuff? I've seen great results with both actually, as long as you take your time and do it right you can get awesome results with rattle cans

Thanks!! and im going to paint it with a gravity feed air gun, so no pray can. I am going to sand it down to the metal, put a good coat of colour matched primer on (with hardner) cuz paint doesn't dry fast in cold old Canada lol, then im going to outline, start by painting the tank, then do the detail work, and add a few coats of clear. Ive painted my jeep with a good turnout, so i think it'll look good!

Looks good! Just a thought: extend the tan on the tank back onto the plastic trim panels a bit for a truly custom look that might make the bike look longer. I realize it will add complexity to the paint work...

Back