Sold / Found / Inactive - Parting out a 1977 XS400 Central NY

kshansen

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Decided it was time to trying to down-size some so for starters this one is the first in line.

Not been able to get title as last owner seems to have dropped off the face of the earth or is in witness protection program!

So far the only major part gone is the fuel tank.

Note that I was told the last owner parked it because it was running bad, the right exhaust is blued so think it had some fuel mixture problem from gummed up carbs. When I first got it I did do a quick clean of the crabs and managed to get it running and did not sound bad but never rode it so can't make promises for engine internals.

This is an electric start model with cast wheels and disks front and back. Seat is only in fair condition as the upholstery is cracked and what I call the rear cowl of the seat has a piece broke out of it.

I would say overall it is in normal condition one could expect for a bike of it's age that has been parked in an unheated but dry barn for about 15 years.

If interested in anything or even the whole thing let me know. I can take pictures and give more information as requested.

I'm more interested in the parts getting used than making lots of money off this bike so I will try to be reasonable to offers, of course shipping would be on your ticket!

Ken

Pm'd about wheels
Sorry saw the PM and thought you were talking about some other parts, as for the 1977 I did end up selling it more or less whole to someone else, sorry about the confusion. Need to see how to remove this post!

Back