For Sale - Parts 78,80 and 81

spectra

XS400 Junkie
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Ok I have 3 bikes that I purchased to make 1.........and well I have a lot of extra parts imagine that one. Anyway wondering if anyone is looking for a certain part or something extra. Post up what you are after and if I am not using it well my time and shipping as I am not going to get rich on selling things. Local was looking for a spoke for a rear wheel well I said take the complete wheel for 20 bucks.........I just want the stuff gone and not toss it if I don't have to.

I am a newb also so may not know what some parts are :rolleyes: I have 3 wiring harnesses also and not sure how mangled they are. Also a couple boxes of parts I haven't even gone through so.........

Located in the NW so if anyone local to the Portland area I can deliver or meet up also.

Looking for a good tank no dents to paint.
Have one?

I actually do have one that's in good shape. I took the worst looking one to be painted.........

It has a little rust but some vinegar and it will all go away. I soaked the one I am using now for a week and the crap that came out of it........

Where are you located? This is the tank.

IMG_3876.JPG

Looking for Set of spoked wheels, don't care if there pretty just straight

I have a set.........................if your up near Portland let me know and can show them to you.

Both are drum brake and complete......I think one spoke on the rear was loosened but there.

I have a set.........................if your up near Portland let me know and can show them to you.

Both are drum brake and complete......I think one spoke on the rear was loosened but there.
I live in Eugene, unless the front can be converted to a disk I wouldn't be interested the rear I would be at the right price. I have some mags if a trade is an option

Not sure what it takes and well there cheap if you want them. 40 for the pair....................

I have a set of mags already.

Would next weekend work and you willing to meet me somewhere

Works for me and you can just come to my house :laugh2: hell I am not a creeper...............

message me with a number and can go to texts or email. Hell I think I have 2 front wheels if interested...........any other parts your after? cheap........I ustwant them gone but don't want to throw them out.........

Wonder if you have a spare seat lock assembly from the 80 or 81? With the helmet hook?
My '82 didn't come with the lock at all. Seat pops right off with the flick of a lever.

Last edited:
Wonder if you have a spare seat lock assembly from the 80 or 81? With the helmet hook?
My '82 didn't come with the lock at all. Seat pops right off with the flock of a lever.

I may on the new one I just picked up. I will look at my parts pile in the morning and see from the other stuff.

Looking for a wiring harness donor to my 79xs400f. hows the one from your 78?

I will look the one for the 78 was pretty hacked up from a previous owner. I will see what I have in the box left over.

I did sell one harness so not sure.

Back