For Sale - Parts 78,80 and 81

Do you have any tanks left?

I have one off the 81 that I just picked up. I think its dent free but can look. I have been using it to run the bike since Amazon destroyed my temporary tank I ordered.........always wanted a bottle to hang makes it much easier to run while playing with the carbs......

I have one off the 81 that I just picked up. I think its dent free but can look. I have been using it to run the bike since Amazon destroyed my temporary tank I ordered.........always wanted a bottle to hang makes it much easier to run while playing with the carbs......
Yeah, I would like that too, gets tiring putting the tank on and off, or in my case moving it from bike to bike. Did your 78 accept the regular tank, not the squared one, without mods. I tried to put one on my 77 to start it and it didn't quite fit. It seemed too long.

Yeah, I would like that too, gets tiring putting the tank on and off, or in my case moving it from bike to bike. Did your 78 accept the regular tank, not the squared one, without mods. I tried to put one on my 77 to start it and it didn't quite fit. It seemed too long.

Yeah its longer as I had to move the mount to get the squared tank to fit the frame on the new build.

I used a newer frame on the other build so no issue getting the tank to fit.

that is what I thought. Let me know if you stumble cross anything , or you want to part with one. I just installed my seat and spiffed it up a bit...
Resized_20180526_123250.jpeg
Resized_20180526_123314.jpeg
Resized_20180526_123343.jpeg

Petew,
That sure is a nice looking bike there. Any chance I could "loan" you a 1978 XS650 for a couple weeks then come get it when it looks that nice?;)

Glad to see it getting some love, was parked for too long due to too many "projects" here!

Guess I need to change my Avatar over to the left there.

I need a blinker relay switch. The one I have is burnt up but it’s about two and a half inch long by one inch diameter tube
Let me know I can’t find it anywhere!

I need a blinker relay switch. The one I have is burnt up but it’s about two and a half inch long by one inch diameter tube

Have a pic of it? I have parts all over and as for the relay not sure what your after ? I need to figure out the relay on my 81 and replace it for one that works with LEDs......so chances are I may have one ;)

Here

Attachments

• A7E08FD6-3F22-4FCE-8864-1748175B0A51.jpeg
    A7E08FD6-3F22-4FCE-8864-1748175B0A51.jpeg
    122.1 KB · Views: 322
  • CA323270-924E-48C0-BB86-95DB147EED13.jpeg
    CA323270-924E-48C0-BB86-95DB147EED13.jpeg
    117.9 KB · Views: 332
  • 46AE5413-6A60-46F7-B3AE-14366A8F70E5.jpeg
    46AE5413-6A60-46F7-B3AE-14366A8F70E5.jpeg
    123.6 KB · Views: 326
Good day

Do you possibly have a 1980 xs400 carb?

Sorry I do not. I have a spare set but am saving them as they go with a motor I have sitting on the floor.

I wish you would have asked a week ago as I just tossed a set of parts carbs I had picked clean. They were in a bucket of junk I had and was cleaning the garage out of parts that I couldnt get rid of.......getting tired of looking at the mess......

You tossed out a good set of carb bodies? Why would you do that? Very hard to find good bodies these days.

You tossed out a good set of carb bodies? Why would you do that? Very hard to find good bodies these days.

Not sure if they were good or not as they were stripped of everything. I pulled the chokes off of them and yep got rid of them. I can only ho;ld on to things for so long.......

I have shelves of stuff. Some of which I have had for almost 20 yrs. When you have a jet or mix screw or float post break into or off a carbs body you will wish you had kept them. I have lots just for this reason. Stuff is getting harder and much more expensive to replace as time goes on. If you plan on keeping these bikes for your kid or till you can't ride anymore it's a must. If you need the room I will pay for shipping of your un-needed stuff. lol

I don't mean to take away from a potential sale, but, unless you are going for an original restoration, those signal relays are bulky and junk. you can get newer modern relays at any auto parts store that will be better, adaptable to LEDs, and is more compact. I went this route. One feature that I did lose was the auto cancel which I never worried about, and if one blinker light is out, the relay will still signal as normal instead of just staying illuminated on the gauge console. This newer relay also has the same 3-prong plug so theres no need to cut any wires.

Also, looking for a set of passenger pegs and the nuts for them.

The oem parts that came with theses bikes new are quality well made stuff. Even used they work and last better than most aftermarket china made stuff. Unless your buying high end and very expensive replacements I would stick with yamaha oem stuff. I have only oem original on my bikes and never had any issues. Even on a bike with 35k miles on it. I don't think we will be seeing parts from china still working on these bike 40+ yrs later lol.

The oem parts that came with theses bikes new are quality well made stuff. Even used they work and last better than most aftermarket china made stuff. Unless your buying high end and very expensive replacements I would stick with yamaha oem stuff. I have only oem original on my bikes and never had any issues. Even on a bike with 35k miles on it. I don't think we will be seeing parts from china still working on these bike 40+ yrs later lol.
Except for bikes that have been left to languish out in the weather.
i have had terrible luck with those switches and relays and even the connectors have crumbled away. Of course you know what Upstate winters can be!

Back