Pic request

Ironhead

Too supple for prison.
Reaction score
No idea where I might find another ‘79 around here so I could really use some help from one of you.

When I got my bike it only had a center stand and no side stand. Now that it’s 1.5” lower, it’s REALLY tough to get it on the center stand. I bought a replacement side stand but then found its original mount is completely gone. So clean it’s hard to even tell where it used to be.

If someone can manage a closeup of the mount, (ideally with no stand connected), that would go a long way to helping me figure out how to fab something. I figure someone’s got to have a bare frame they can shoot. I don’t know how thick it is but I know there’s the mount hole and a stop and the spring must connect somewhere but I can’t see much from the pics I’ve been lucky enough to find online. The angle isn’t so important because I’ll change it anyway, now that the bike sits lower.

Anyone? Please! You guys would laugh at me struggling to get it on the center stand, even with a pretty decent technique and using a new lift handle I made.

How's this? Mine is an '80 but they should be the same.

IMGP7957-X2.jpg

IMGP7958-X2.jpg

Back